#8041 Ascartand

Ascartand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Mastery and Gates. Star Wars. Writing. Aesthetics

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:54 PM

Through ignorance? I probably used it without knowing unless it requires you to manually click. I don't usually make cliques, usually go lone wolf that occasionally help students. When I do make cliques it usually only have two npc students and that is it.

It takes a strong man to deny what is in front of him and if the truth is undeniable. Then you make your own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~My RP~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vernaris- Future Dark Lord or Misunderstood Loner?
Feel free to send a pm or leave a comment, always happen to respond to anything about the story.

#8042 Metis

Metis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

No, it requires you to manually put in a number, there's no buttons that do that. But if you're not going for an early large-ish Clique, I guess that explains it. It's not something that helps with adventures (much to my eternal chagrin), and I personally tend to not use it since I prefer Sparkling Fields, Cheer and Fire Spread over being able to Rest. Ever. Might not be the best idea if I can burn my entire Stress bank on an ability roll, though. Going to have to experiment with that later...

EDIT: Ah right, question also: Do the non-human races also all (largely) worship the New Gods, or do they have their own traditions?

Edited by Metis, 22 April 2017 - 03:09 PM.

Spoiler

#8043 Legate of Mineta

Legate of Mineta

[Redacted]

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,312 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

Metis;

They worship the New Gods...or so it would appear. :)

Black Chicken Studios
E-mail Support

Enter the Gamer's Gate

Follow @BCSGames

#8044 freespace2dotcom

freespace2dotcom

Omni Disciplinarian Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts
  • Interests:Negation, Incantation, Gates, Revision, Glamour, Astrology, Enchant, and Mastery, in that order!

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

EDIT: Ah right, question also: Do the non-human races also all (largely) worship the New Gods, or do they have their own traditions?

Considering that the new gods were likely very powerful wizards I'd have to say the answer to that is a yes.

.or so it would appear.

heh heh

#8045 Nagashofchaos

Nagashofchaos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:32 PM

Is there a way to open up a save file to extract mid-term/final scores? I always end up remembering Freespace's grade document after I complete the game.
Also I loaded the autosave that is made at the end  of the game, and there is another month; is that suppose to be there?

#8046 Schwarzbart

Schwarzbart

Academagia 1st Year

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:32 PM

To my understanding that the autosave allow you to continue when you load it is a intended bug to allow an unsupported endless game.
:blink: First 1657 then 1931 and 4E 37. Next are 1658 or 1939.

#8047 Metis

Metis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:03 AM

On the first point, there probably is, but I highly doubt anyone could tell you how to do it. Best to just load the safe file, manually scroll back to the various exam dates and check the histories. I think the game will still list them, at least it'll list your exam scores.

On the second point, not really. Early in development it was intended for the PC to go through the first summer during the first year, but that ended up on the cutting board, so now the two summer months are just kind of there, only accessibly by loading the autosave. Their holiday events don't actually exist, nor does anything else, and while I think in theory it's possible to loop back to Juvenalia and replay through the whole year again in practice your save file will end up getting so bloated that eventually the game won't be able to load it anymore.

Spoiler

#8048 freespace2dotcom

freespace2dotcom

Omni Disciplinarian Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts
  • Interests:Negation, Incantation, Gates, Revision, Glamour, Astrology, Enchant, and Mastery, in that order!

Posted Yesterday, 02:31 AM

To my understanding that the autosave allow you to continue when you load it is a intended bug to allow an unsupported endless game.

Keep in mind you don't get an endless game, just two extra months. When the year rolls around again you can't choose your actions anymore and interesting things happen. :)

#8049 Nagashofchaos

Nagashofchaos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:00 AM

(facepalms) omg I can't believe I forgot it records the history for the date; well I was sleepy so I guess that's why.

#8050 Ascartand

Ascartand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:42 AM

Can anyone confirm for me that in the new version of the game you can add a functional Stress Bonus to an Ability up to your Stress Maximum? I seem to be amid some conflicting information here, but all I've got available right now is the old client, so...

(BTW, egads the old UI...people complaining about the new one got no right to if you ask me...)

Well it seems you can add stress bonus to an ability up to stress maximum. Just tried it with befriend action with 1 charm with a fitness of 1. Stress bonus up to 3 and no further. Succeeded.

It takes a strong man to deny what is in front of him and if the truth is undeniable. Then you make your own.

Feel free to send a pm or leave a comment, always happen to respond to anything about the story.

#8051 Metis

Metis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:46 AM

Well it seems you can add stress bonus to an ability up to stress maximum. Just tried it with befriend action with 1 charm with a fitness of 1. Stress bonus up to 3 and no further. Succeeded.

Ability as in something from the Ability list, like...I'unno, Try to Solve the Block Puzzle. Though kudos for confirming that Stress Bonus goes up to Stress Max, not just Fitness×2.

Spoiler

#8052 Ascartand

Ascartand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:48 AM

Oh yeah it does. Just tried it with Try to Solve the Block Puzzle. same thing.

#8053 Metis

Metis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:51 AM

Ah, excellent, that means that you can totally Stress bonus your way through everything that isn't an adventure...if you're willing to pay for the stress cost. Going to have to keep that idea in mind next playthrough, I might end up having to rely on Rest a bit more.

Spoiler

#8054 Nagashofchaos

Nagashofchaos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:51 AM

Some Y2 questions, that may or may not have been answered already somewhere in these 400+ pages.
1. Will there be anything that reacts to the player being rank 1 in their class, or is it the Honors that matter? (Just had a student who had crushed 4 of his 6 classes (rank 1 first honors), but had a meh class only receiving lower second honors)
2. Is there/will there be : a way to help clique members who have failed one of their classes in Y1? (I know there is Set Example in Y1 but that doesn't cover study nor do I see a way to tell if they have a 10 study; kind of want to save Prudence)
3. Curious how or if the family traits will affect the summer vaction event, but mainly if a combination creates a unique event or if one supersedes the other. I know at the very least the location for example the Sky Pirate supersedes other locations, but wondering if for example having noble, descendant royalty, wealthy, etc. have some form of alteration.

4. Has anyone figured out the descendant of traitors backstory is (or it's possible future impact). Main thing I noticed is the fact you can only have it or royalty, even though such a thing could happen.

#8055 Schwarzbart

Schwarzbart

Academagia 1st Year

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:58 AM

@Nagasgofchaos There for sure some new rival in year 2 for the best students.
Also I have collected some info regarding year 2 here: http://academagia.in...p?showtopic=857
:blink: First 1657 then 1931 and 4E 37. Next are 1658 or 1939.

#8056 Metis

Metis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:09 AM

1. Top students will end up drawing the ire of those beneath them. Particularly students like Basia Rydz.

2. Once the exam results are in, no. Before than you can use things like Force of Duty or Teach to give them a leg up. It won't work perfectly, but it'll be something.

3. There will most definitely be differences between the summer of a wealthy noble who descends from royalty and the summer of a recently destitute traitor.

4. The future implications of backgrounds are, as of yet, entirely unknown, aside from what's blatantly obvious (Wealthy people are rich - who knew?).

Spoiler

#8057 Legate of Mineta

Legate of Mineta

[Redacted]

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,312 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:44 AM

What they wrote. :)

Black Chicken Studios
E-mail Support

Enter the Gamer's Gate

Follow @BCSGames

#8058 Nagashofchaos

Nagashofchaos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:30 PM

Now I have another question, though I'm looking at Basia Rydz while typing this.
"Do these jealous students, mentioned by Mettis, only go after the PC or also NPCS?"; I'm asking this because according to the magical document Freespace made Basia is number 33 in total and number 7 in her college. Thus her autoimatically gunning for a Morvidus traitorous wealthy pirate's son seems a bit to far ahead for her particularly.

#8059 Metis

Metis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:36 PM

IIRC they'll go after whoever is the top student, PC or NPC, primarily. For my Y2 saves I'm actually planning on buffing an NPC student into the top spot and grabbing second myself, so I can have the benefits of high exam scores without as much of the hate due to the bigger target sitting on top. I also figure that if my pasties are numbers like Joana, Philippe and Louis they and the jealous ones will end up nuking each other, so I'll be clear to take first from that point on.

Spoiler