Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Do a Artificer need the knowledge of spell magic or do he just need the knowledge of the Pheme and how to work the Pallete into a item?

For the game my question comes down if a Artificer need to study the basics of the spell magic or if it is enough if he learn the necessary pheme.

Sure spell magic, especial revision, might help with working on your items and have something to help you out if your magic items are not at hand but that's probably it.

(I suspect this was already answered but I don't remember the answer)

Schwarzbart;

That's a good question- I *think* the answer is they need the knowledge of the Spell as well.

paz;

1) Yes, but not unknown. The confusing nature of the Bond is already love-like, at least in the estimation of wizards.

2) Sort of. :)

3) All Students have their Clique Ability change, and some have more than one possibility.

4) I don't think so, no. That would be awesome.

4) Would probably be more painful than awesome. Training up your Familiar while trying to get a second one up to speed would be a massive timesink.

Speaking of, how does the PC's Familiar deal with skill max increases? Do you have to teach it how to read and wait for it to research stuff like the PC (which would be hilarious, but so incredibly tedious...), are it's skill maximums tied to the PC's, what?

Paz I also would love to learn as much as possible about the class of year 2 as early as possible but BCS have the habit to not give out such info before the game is released.

That why I only pester the legate about info that help us plan our chars for year 2 better. (like what class have 2 requirements and what they are)

Also I never read anything that a class would not be able to take because of your gender!

Ups sorry, somehow my mind tricked me in thinking that you ask about class and not about the Mentor part.

The only things we know right now for sure is that to become a Mentor you need to have a high relationship with Orso Orsi and that you most likely end with be Mentor for more then just one year 1 student.

So, wait, do you need a high relationship with Orsi at the end of Y1, before the start of Y2, do you need to do some Y1 adventure to gain Orsi's favor or what? Recall that relationships decay over the summer vacation and I don't really want to spend that time sending letters to the freaking Legate just to prevent the decay from locking me out of getting a pupil. BTW, how hilarious would it be if it turns out that your pupil is actually the real protagonist in Academagia's overall story and you're just a really talented student getting into far more life-threatening situations than even Orsi should find acceptable?

Oh, and Legate, I'm still waiting for an answer to the question pertaining to who the owner of a certain old, leather bag is ;). Also waiting for answers to PM questions, but that taking extra time is entirely justified.

All right now I am getting extremely curious on thiss hidden PM question!

Oh yes, of course, a singular question. I'm sure that's what the Team wishes at this point.

As for your curiosity, all shall be revealed in due time. At least all that you want to know and trust me, that is not everything.

That i had no idea, i always thought would be only one student.

Not every second year can mentor a first year, so some second years (perhaps most) end up being the mentor of several. I'm not sure why in Y1 the PC ends up with Oan, who's a third year, rather than being the second pupil of a second year but there you go.

"Mister please, I go to the Academagia. That's the Academy of Mineta. If you're going to impress me with cryptic and spooky, you should know that I get crypted and spooked at three times a day every day by...."

The content of the private messages suddenly appear on the screen, and you give a good read.

Okay, in all fairness, that was impressive."

Well someone is a fast reader ;).

Not every second year can mentor a first year, so some second years (perhaps most) end up being the mentor of several. I'm not sure why in Y1 the PC ends up with Oan, who's a third year, rather than being the second pupil of a second year but there you go.

umm from what I remember the reasoning was that it's very rare for a second year student to mentor new student as it's usually done by older students.

Only y2 student who have impressed the legate in someway can be chosen to mentor the youngs from what I understood.

Isaborg you got it wrong its rare that a 3th year like Oan do it as usually it is done by 2nd year.

But your right on the part that only students that impress the Legate will become Mentor.

Because usually only Students of the 2nd year that have good relationship with the Legate will become mentor and each 1st year should have a mentor you end up that the few 2nd year that do the mentor job end up with more then just one 1st year.

Edit: Because I fear my chars have to less time in year 2 already I'm personal not aiming any more for becoming Mentor because I suspect it eat away important timeslots right after you got back to Academagica.

Isaborg you got it wrong its rare that a 3th year like Oan do it as usually it is done by 2nd year.

But your right on the part that only students that impress the Legate will become Mentor.

Because usually only Students of the 2nd year that have good relationship with the Legate will become mentor and each 1st year should have a mentor you end up that the few 2nd year that do the mentor job end up with more then just one 1st year.

Edit: Because I fear my chars have to less time in year 2 already I'm personal not aiming any more for becoming Mentor because I suspect it eat away important timeslots right after you got back to Academagica.

Oh okay. :)

I honestly presumed that being a mentor was something that would be asked of the player either way, as a way of asking "Do you want a tutorial yes/no?". Actually qualifying for it would just, you know, give you different flavour text or something.

That said I do think that the player being a mentor will pay off eventually, if not because you impress the Legate than because I imagine that you having a pupil will come up during fanmade adventures which would otherwise be inaccessible.

How wrong are I'm with my assumption that Alchemy class need Brew and Arithmetic while Artifice need Enchant and Arithmetic?

Edit: will the Special Scholar's Card we got from Barnes give us access to some libraries trough the summer break?

I also hope geometry might give a better understanding to Gates ... yea I know redacted but one still can hope ^^