Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Coming from my expirience as a young vernin is there some kind of runebody magic or tatoo magic in existance to make the "ultimate" warrior (maybe to the fare east ;) )?

Also are there people wo are limited to just one School of magic (Not just by choise or limited education) and if so how about a mage that have only the ability to enhance his own body?

Schwarbart;

You'll see other forms of Enchantment in later years- and that includes tattoos, which is by no means limited to the east.

There are people who are limited to one form of magic by choice or by talent, but no other inherent restrictions exist. Well...there's always an exception, but you'll find out about that later. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just start to wonder for how long Gate magic is forbiden now.

Because Mjolnir was a known Gate user and even was for some time Legate at the Academagica so he is very, very old or the restrictions on Gate Magic can't be law for a longer then maybe 100 years.

(even then he must have slowed his aging)

Actually that was my train of thought exactly, if I wanted to ensure people didn't suspect me then I'd take an active stand against it. Of cause it can't be too obvious, or people would come waltzing in every time someone cast a teleport spell(! sheesh, chill dudes).

I just feel this next part is duty. "probably aren't" dun dun DUN

Question: From the lore I could find of Mallen Field (mostly from the Heraldry subskill) I not could piece together what King Aranaz did at Mallen Field to bring disgrace to him. He had worked with the Dragons up until King Durand talked him out of it yes, but was this why he was disgraced, or maybe his greed?

Or something else? (Like peeing his armor while in the fight...)

Edit:

Withdrawing this question for a bit. I still want to know, but remembered I had the research option as well!

Adrian I am very Sure that Orsi dont know much about Gate Magic from one Adventure where he direct fighted a Gate Mage on the side of the player.

Actually, on one route through that, you end up taking him out singlehandedly. Seemed awfully easy...

• 2 weeks later...

I was considering doing a royal playthrough and it struck me that I never encountered any kingdoms while going through the notes on the Elumian map. Have kings mostly given up their rule to a younger generation while still clinging to the title, or is it something different?

Regent versus Professor. Which is the more appropriate address?

It seems that either would be considered 'acceptable', but in general, one is taught to go with the highest ranking title- which thus seems like it would be, say, Regent Storey over Professor Storey. Is that correct? Does it only apply to students of their own collage: ie, would a Godina student call him Professor while a Mordivius student would call him Regent? Does it change depending on if you have classes with them- a student taking whatever-the-heck he teaches the upper years would call him Professor, but all others call him Regent?

Or is it simply just Professor always?

Adrian;

The only Kings that remain are the Kings of Auncesay. Although legitimized by the Emperors, they are still regarded as tainted by the lines of the Usurpers, though. The other Kings' lines died out or ended with the Cataclysm of Monteon.

Mikka;

You are correct- Regent is the higher title. Regent would be used in a more formal setting, whereas Professor might acceptably be used day by day.

Trying to look up the different duels the students can request/demand confused the heck out of me; there seems to be twenty-five different sword of duels, with seven of them only being used by one student.

I suppose I can't ask you to explain each of them, so I'll just ask three questions: first, is there anyway, in game, to learn what each duel type is and what makes a Sporting Calvary Duel different then a regular Calvary Duel or in what circumstances one would use Lirian Rules compared to Strasberg Pasttime? Like, is that detailed anywhere?

Second, is there any 'traditional' dueling times that are (traditionally) only to first-blood?

Third, what are the preferred dueling styles of someone from the Strozzan region?

Mikka;

I am not sure if those Lores got into the game, but they do exist. The usual answer is geography- forms of Dueling are popular in regions, and acquire their names from famous instances of the Duel, or historical events in which the Duel gained prominence. The main difference between the Cavalry duels is that Sporting allows the Challenged to take the first Action. Lirian Rules are unique to the Barony of Thei, and are named after the province they are most commonly associated with. The Strasberg Pasttime refers to the alarming frequency with which this kind of duel takes place in the County of Strasberg. ;)

In general practice, variations of the Gentleman's Duel is generally accepted throughout Elumia. Usage of the variant rules may be considered invalid or even treacherous outside of the geographic areas in which they are common.

For the second question, I'm not completely certain what you mean; there are several Duels which are just to first blood. In the game, variations of the Gentleman's Duel and the Duke's Duel provide this.

For the third, that's a good question. The probable answer is 'Ilican Courtesy', but of course they would call it 'Strozzan Courtesy'. ;)