Black Chicken Studios Forums

How goes the Progress for Y2?

Rhialto

You know, I had this crazy dream earlier today that I was at the Academagia, trying to register for the 2nd year, but it was terribly incomplete. It felt like a 3d game map that had not been fully modeled yet, only in real life.

In my brain, all of the missing details were supposed to be stuff from Years 2-5 that I didn't know about so I couldn't dream of them.

I came across a statue of a cat on a pedestal. Apparently it was a real cat once, and would be again at some point in the future, but the how's, when's, and why's escaped me. It was good luck to rub it, though.

I passed through a passageway that was totally empty but had so many hidden corners in it that it surely would have been a great place for bullies to ambush their prey.

There was a librarian who wouldn't let me into a small library, There were a lot of glass windows giving an excellent view inside, though.

I didn't see any professors, but I think they were watching me.

I seriously have been waiting for Y2 for too long. haha.

1 hour ago, isadorbg said:

I am afraid that you are starting to lose SAN due to the long wait. 😟

Oh I imagine I'm about halfway down the path already. It was a semi lucid dream, which is probably why I remember it decently. I also remember being in places where I couldn't tell if I was indoors or outdoors due to the lighting. It was probably somewhere in Icanix hall, if I had to guess at it now. That actually raises an excellent question about how to deal with forbidden knowledge that comes to you in dreams.

Fun fact: When a dam is holding a lot of water, if it lets water over its top, it will surely erode and spill everything.

Substitute secrets for water and willpower for the dam, and you have a good understanding of why there is so little word. To be fair, little snippets have been leaked to us, but these have been minor and totally of the Team's choosing.

58 minutes ago, Schwarzbart said:

The biggest problem I think is that for a new patch BCS will have to take the year 2 engine and have it make again working with year 1 before the year 2 engine is complete finished. SO its probably best to finish year 2 before going back to fix the remaining bugs in year 1.

(At last my understanding is that the Steam release versions are actual using the year 2 engine at last partial and the biggest slowdown BCS current face for year 2 is the codding part. That means if BCS now bring out a code fix for year 1 it ultimate will delay year 2 by the full time the programmer need to fix the code issues in year 1)

Is this true, @Legate of Mineta?

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just finished replaying Academagia for the 6th time (going 7th with probably an Avila player) and the replayability of the game is always amazing. I hope we do get some kind of update for the game in 2019’s first quarter 😭 

Happy holidays to the BCS team and thank you very much for this game. The wait is crazy (I started playing when I was in first year high school and I’m already midway in college) but I think that year 2 is worth it. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 8:18 AM, Rhialto said:

@Junes: And I am now a lawyer when I was merely in university when the game was released, yet I still love the game.

You too?

The little irony of this is that the academic study of magic presented in this game is parallel to the study of things that might as well be magic to other people (History and Law). Spend too much time in real complex fields and you keep on looking for the structure and processes. Ignore them and the human characteristics are more visible but you run the danger of ignoring the predictability and constraints that are part of being human. The game does a good job at balancing between rules for its magic system and world and the focus on character elements.

• Like 1