Black Chicken Studios Forums

How goes the Progress for Y2?

Rhialto

@Legate of Mineta: Maybe this should get a new thread - if you want me to do so, I can do so - but how much of a role will combat have in Y2?

and is the "Well...'quests'." bit of your reply because they are called adventures?

Finally, why is the Team unwilling to discuss Y2's research mechanic? Are they afraid that they may have to cut it?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, freespace2dotcom said:

It would be nice to know why things derailed so badly...

Grrr... legate, what needs to be done to get a screenie of Y2! :(

I am tempted to link to threads from other indie development fora in which the developers talk about the importance of marketing their developing games by being transparent about what the game looks like, how it plays, etc.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 8:03 AM, Rhialto said:

I am tempted to link to threads from other indie development fora in which the developers talk about the importance of marketing their developing games by being transparent about what the game looks like, how it plays, etc.

I get the impression from the design of Y1 that the team is full of perfectionists. That can be good (300+ hours of play and I am still learning things) or bad (constant revisions can create paralysis or cause development to lag behind the pace of obsolescence or demand).

I think just getting something out the door could cut down on the constantly increasing possibilities and focus development on perfection via DLCs.

• Like 1

@Legate of Mineta: I do hope that some form of progress report about Y2 can be released. I yesterday came upon a fascinating devblog post for Three Kingdoms Total War that made the game seem much more interesting by dealing with faction that I had had no idea would be promoted (Ma Teng's group), and it had the best disclaimer that I have read: "Disclaimer: All details included below are subject to change as development continues and should not be considered final." Maybe BCS should use this disclaimer or one similar in order to tell people more about Y2.