Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

First:

"Ten Swans is a high mountain lake; the usual means of approach is a bit more complicated than just a walk out the front gate. The Order of St. Alduo offers "free" (you technically have to donate food, though no one ever checks) airship/balloon transportation between a few locations in the City and a small outpost on a mountain pilgrimage path. You then walk or ride about three miles to get to the cold old waters. Travel time from the Great Gates to the Lake, once you factor in walking and flying, generally runs anywhere from about an hour and a half to three hours - though it can, of course, take a lot longer if the weather's against you."

Second:

I think Joana is taller than Philippe, although I'm not sure precisely how much taller.

Third:

See? Adrian knows. :)

So if Adrian knows about Joana's height, does that mean he and her have been ... you know ... meeting? In dark secluded corners?wink.gif

Please say that Y2 will have a stronger spell that Freespace's favourite Wrath of the Comet's Tail. I would suggest Wrath of the Comets to crush his tail.

And I found an interesting titbit when reading about Caterina Sforza (In AC and real-life). Apparently she hired the ORSI brothers to assassinate her husband. What does that say about the legate?

And that is the best kind of assassin, ever.

Welp, I will stop skipping classes now. Who's with me? You wouldn't want the Legate to find out that you're skipping, right?

Didn't know Sforza paid assassins to kill her husband, but the Orsi brothers did attack him and killed him while she was having lunch, so who knows? She was definitely cold-blooded enough. I should play AC again...

WotCT is only my current favorite because of its sheer damage potential. Once Y2 comes around I'm sure to find some other favorite spell so trying to find a counter for an obsolete one is somewhat pointless. The only reason why you might continue using WotCT is as a finishing move or for speed since more powerful spells would have more phemes required.

You're going to find that I'm going to be FAR more flexible than the average mage on spellcasting, too. I might not be able to use the best spells in Y2 (though maybe I might, we'll see) but If I were to use a powerful Y2 Fireball AND turn your clothes into grease that might just be more powerful than WotCT's successor... :)

@ Adrian, I'll have you know that I am the unbeaten champion of all dueling tournaments I have taken part in! I can swim, too. So... bring it on! (*gulp*)

Legate, would it be possible to negate the quality of water that makes it "un-breathable"? Or would it be easier to revise yourself to have gills?

Hey now, I am not threatening you. There is, after all, no reason why I would be. Right? Cause you were not poking your nose in my stuff and thus breaking school rules. Also, gills? Air pockets? *smirks* That is nice. I'm sure it would be helpful. Yes... Now, if you will excuse me, I got a pois- potions class in ten minutes.

Are familiars allowed more leeway in term of where they stay and the hours they stay there? I imagine some nocturnal familiars would be hard pressed to stay in the room when curfew comes around.

Say, Legate, since magic has "ideals", it should be relatively easy to enchant something that would change colors if it detected a poison, yes?

And on a semi related question, in our Ars-Magica run a week or two back we found that the Wine had been sweetened with lead (!)

Would that happen in this setting as in real life?

The difficulty would be to detect the poison though, I'd imagine. Besides, lead -might- be considered a poison I suppose, if you are very strict in your definition. <_<

Are familiars allowed more leeway in term of where they stay and the hours they stay there? I imagine some nocturnal familiars would be hard pressed to stay in the room when curfew comes around.

I'm not sure if it is mentioned in the game but are there starsigns/zodiacs (like, leo, gemini or what have you)? Something similar? And are there any values attacked to it? (I don't think Astrology is a skill, but since the old gods are in part part of the stars in the skies I could imagine there might be something here...) And could you mention them if they are there? (or just a few of them)

"The difficulty would be to detect the poison though, I'd imagine."

Yep!

"Are familiars allowed more leeway in term of where they stay and the hours they stay there?"

Technically, no, but in practice yes, for the reasons you describe.

"I'm not sure if it is mentioned in the game but are there starsigns/zodiacs (like, leo, gemini or what have you)?"

Yes, you can see the major and minor signs in the mod tools, actually. :)