Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

I know this one is a looong way off, but there are going to be quite a few potential careers, yeah? Will there be, say, guidance counselors and such to help students determine their career choices? And, lastly, can friends be potentially influenced to join your classes or will they pursue a set career of their own?

So what are the plans for end of year 5? I don't need any spoilery details... But are you planning on having epilogues for most of the major characters and what they (and you) ultimately wind up doing? Based mostly on choices and statistics made over all 5 years? Kind of like what mass effect largely fell flat on...

Freespace;

The dragon language would probably sound like someone with a frog in their throat (Think Bale's batman voice).

Legate!

1) Is 50 and 100 the maximum score for the Cheimare and Kaliri exams respectively in the game world? Or is over 50 and 100 allowed as proof that the student is exceptional in his / her studies?

2) What is the usual career choice for a graduate though? I'm sure Mr. Riddler (I sincerely hoped you are not from the Batman Universe) would like to know too.

3) What does B) -> B) mean?

1) Is 50 and 100 the maximum score for the Cheimare and Kaliri exams respectively in the game world? Or is over 50 and 100 allowed as proof that the student is exceptional in his / her studies?

Haha! The Mid-Term can have different results, but 100 is full marks, yes.

2) What is the usual career choice for a graduate though? I'm sure Mr. Riddler (I sincerely hoped you are not from the Batman Universe) would like to know too.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure statistically most of your classmates will enter into a noble's or a merchant's service.

3) What does -> mean?

Add Yeaaaaahhhhhh in there, and see if you can glean the meeting. B) -> B)

Ah so those of you who have been boasting of your 150 or 200+ scores in the finals have not actually gotten that much since the maximum IS 100!

I am still the lowest scoring member of this forum!

1) For The Passing (What is this? Left 4 Dead?), what if my family history is obscured due to some ... oh say ... freak accident with a kaiju? What am I suppose to do to appease the professor?

2) For the Sententae ball, how do you propose that a student win any hearts that night? Also what is the Sententae ball? How sparkly will the girls' pimped out dress be?

3) The Festival of Blooms. To start, what special honours? Why is the ceremony outside the school and where is it held? How much is a pocket watch? Is it gold? Because gold makes everything shiny.

4) I thought people prefer to use

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Leoshi;

Well, not quite: it's full marks. The maximum is, as we have seen...in the hundreds. :)

1) For The Passing (What is this? Left 4 Dead?), what if my family history is obscured due to some ... oh say ... freak accident with a kaiju? What am I suppose to do to appease the professor?

Probably introduce them to the kaiju. Probably worth a paper or two!

2) For the Sententae ball, how do you propose that a student win any hearts that night? Also what is the Sententae ball? How sparkly will the girls' pimped out dress be?

Sparkly! The Sententae celebrates Calvius, who tore the New Gods apart for love. Originally, it was a funerary games, and a solemn occasion. All that has been replaced, much to the chagrin of more conservative temple-goers.

3) The Festival of Blooms. To start, what special honours? Why is the ceremony outside the school and where is it held? How much is a pocket watch? Is it gold? Because gold makes everything shiny.

It's flowers, of course- and the laurel wreath. It's held outside the University due to tradition.

4) I thought people prefer to use

Yes, but it's too long winded. B) -> B)

What traits did the old King Aranaz possess? I am talking skills and such. I'd think poison, music, war...

Also, and sorry if this has been asked and answered before (I'm lazy,.. I'm not even sure that is an excuse..) but do you intend to set stats/skills for our classmates for year two... or buff them (as in giving them +3 to insight and so on). My question is based on that one of my more entertaining characters worked very hard to help his collegemates, and I think I read that you intended to level the playingfield a bit. (which is generally needed!) but I'm suddenly a bit worried that the skills of my clique-mates will actually drop as a result :P

Ahh.. I'm sure of that. ;)

If Gates and/or Mastery were to be repealed, and it started to be taught to the students at the academagia again.... Precisely what stipulations would be in place for existing mages to use said pillars? Since the Colleges were required to be taught only by those who were caught, (and therefore either stupid or unskilled or a mix between) When could one legally be expected to know some of those spells, and thus add to the knowledge pool safely. Would there be a cutoff? As in once you reach a certain age regardless of the Ban's repeal you yourself will not be allowed to use said pillars?

I would be the first to argue that Freespace or Cremepudding couldn't possibly have learned as much as they do in the short timespan unless they showed an unhealthy dedication to the craft. Unhealthy enough to place them under arrest perhaps, despite the ban being revoked. *cough* ... You know, this 'always speak your mind' curse I acquired during the last adventure is really starting to piss me off. If my teachers were just half as skilled as they claim then surely they would have found a way to negate it by now... *cough*

Which culture would be most likely to have something akin to a drum circle? Would this culture be found in Mineta and where would my character be most likely to encounter something like that in Mineta?

EDIT: Also why do the students from various foreign lands not gain any knowledge of their local languages? Or is it just a game balance point?

starcrunch;

A drum circle would not be native to Elumia, but you *might* see something like that at the docks, especially amongst sailors from distant lands.

For the Students, for the most part it's just how they were set up. I believe that is actually getting revisited in Y2, so that they gain some appropriate Skills to their homelands (not limited to language!)

Thanks! Spent all day at a drum circle enjoying a lovely day and it occurred to me to ask! Also can't wait to see what you have in mind for homelands in year 2, and year 2 in general.

Actually one more question: What is Adelams Chard's relationship to Catherine? His letters in the "Scenes from Vernin:xxx" series make me almost wonder if I don't want to befriend Catherine and see if she can't be redeemed (they're some of my favorite bits of lore, especially the one when he was a student). It seems he's too old to be in the generation before Catherine. Catherine is one of the students I've never really quite understood, on one hand she's stuck up and awful, but she never seems as out and out evil so much as just woefully uninformed and unfamiliar with other people. Also where are the Chard's a power?