Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

After spending two days painting my house, I have to ask something. Will we have an event/adventure where we renovate our college dorm and causing chaos on the way?

And a more important question, will students be allowed to use a staff instead of a wand? I want a staff. It's practical and makes a mage look good.

And from the answer you gave to Mikka concerning Catherine's eyes. Freaky by the way. How tough is it to maintain a spell like that? Or does she use another way?

Two Mordivus questions.

In their collage only questlines, you can get two 'new' students in to the Academagia. The girl who was trapped in the garden and listed as dead by her deranged copying professor, and the girl who can turn objects in to gold from the 'coffee' store.

What grades do they join?

...I don't know why I suddenly wondered about them, but I did.

Goblins...what are they closer to: the Avila buys adventure, the market goblins, the Captain's quest goblins or the Godina "collect money and wreck ships" adventure? Each has a different portrayal which may answer for the different clans but they're a bit too distinct to actually point out characteristics.

How likely would it be to meet a King/Emperor if Auncish?

Leo;

"After spending two days painting my house, I have to ask something. Will we have an event/adventure where we renovate our college dorm and causing chaos on the way?"

It's a great idea for an Event, definitely- I'll mention that to the Team. :)

"And a more important question, will students be allowed to use a staff instead of a wand? I want a staff. It's practical and makes a mage look good."

A wand is much, much easier to cast Spells with, but some mages do use staves. I imagine at some point you'll have that option.

"And from the answer you gave to Mikka concerning Catherine's eyes. Freaky by the way. How tough is it to maintain a spell like that? Or does she use another way?"

She probably does not maintain it herself, and probably uses enchanted Items to accomplish the effect.

Mikka;

Good question- I'm not sure. Probably a higher year than yourself, though!

Hatt;

"Goblins...what are they closer to: the Avila buys adventure, the market goblins, the Captain's quest goblins or the Godina "collect money and wreck ships" adventure? Each has a different portrayal which may answer for the different clans but they're a bit too distinct to actually point out characteristics."

As you have seen there are several different cultures of Goblins in Elumia. You'll see a few more in Y2, I would suspect. It's probably more helpful if you think of them as distinct races, actually.

"How likely would it be to meet a King/Emperor if Auncish?"

If you were an Auncish noble, the odds are quite good to meet your King. If you aren't noble...well, you might catch a glimpse of him one day. :)

@madHat so you think Goblins have a steroetype and are not as broad as humans? For me it looks very much like that many of the nonhuman races have (nearly) the full spectrum of human stereotypes.

To me it looks only that the humans set them self above the other races with the right of the stronger / more agressive after the dragons apear to be no more of a danger.

@Schwarzbart

I think that Goblins are forced to grow around humans, like in the market or the Avila adventure, which would make them more stereotypical in either their distaste for humans and their actions or in their open-mindedness. For example, Pale Luck was almost turned aside from eating in the same place as humans. I imagine that's a common reaction. I was trying to pin-point the likeliest reaction one would get from different goblins, seeing as we meet them often enough.

And yes, humans have the tendency to think themselves the superior species. I'm hoping for a dragon return.

yeah, now that you mention it, I think I may have read something like that, once maybe.

But I can't help it, I'm scraping the bottom of the questions barrel for ones I haven't asked yet because I love asking questions. :)

...Has this setting even experienced a fad trend on the level of tulip-mania?

This has probably been asked before, but how much control do we have over our spell, in particular in revision? Can first year turn choose what material and shape the object he is revising will have, or does he have to learn a new spell for each option?

Also if it is theoretically possible to negate Death, could one change similiar things via revision?

Cyx;

At a first year level, it's very difficult to control a Revision Spell outside of a known framework. You'd almost certainly need a new Spell, unless you don't mind accidents. :)

You can, like Negation, make someone young again, but the problem is Duration. It is incredibly difficult to do this as more than a parlor trick.

Ah, no- I thought you meant to change one material into another. For something like cleaning, you are separating out something from an ideal. In this case, the ideal of your worked fiber's 'clean' state. Technically, you would need a different Spell for each piece of clothing you own, but since you want something to be generally clean, some minor errors are fine. :)

hahaha!

hmmm.

So, then I have a question about this revelation. Now, I realize that because of the setting it's probably impossible to do because of a lack of knowledge, but...

If you could use a revision spell to, say, separate a fruit from the bacteria that causes rotting... Then once the duration is over... It wouldn't be a rotting mess?

In theory that should work, yes?

Free;

No, that would slow rot (by eliminating putrefaction), but would not stop it.

Cyx;

Ideals are actually a part of every Pillar, it's just that Glamour deals with them in a more advanced way. An Ideal is the theoretical existence of a perfect thing. Whenever you Revise something, you are Revising to an Ideal. The same is true of Incantation, and so on.