Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Negation is able to only negate heat (although there are plenty of Spells which Negate Cold, it's just that when you look at what's really going on...)

Modification of people's perception (I'm guessing that's where Glamour "negating" cold comes in?) Spells that are classed as "Negation" but that really act like Revision spells?

16. Is it possible to create memories in others without Mastery?

It is probably possible, but no one has said they have done it if it has been done.

Wait, mastery can do actual permanent editing of memories? So a master of the "art" could essentially remake a person into another person? Or at least make them permanently forget having seen something? Or permanently think they remember something that never happened?

Nodergak;

Negation and Revision are different things, although they can produce similar effects, if that was your question?

Not quite? I was trying to build on the discussion of how a spell could be thought to "negate" cold, even though negation only acts on heat (presumably because Cyve doesn't have radically different thermodynamics.)

All magic is temporary.

Even using Mastery I suspect the magic would wear off and the memories would fade, although the memories of those memories would stay....

..Right?

Well effects are not always truly temporary a fire made through incantation is temporary until something starts burning then that becomes a normal fire.

If a new memory was created and the effect lasted for a year you'd have time to build your experiences around it and it'd become pretty permanent. I guess removing memories would be more difficult then, but it also depends on the potential duration.

Can enchantment be mixed with any of the pillars to make the duration of any spell last years or is enchantment only for making items?

1) Will the spell Lighten Load increase what we can take home with us at start of year 2?

2) Will the bound of iron with our familiar also work as protection against hostile transformation magic?

3) Will Skill max increases we got in year 1 count toward the new skill cap in year 2? (i.e. if someone got so crazy and increased the skill max to 21 in year 1 will this drop to 20)

Will the Music class have any special follow up in year 2 or later outside of Godina?

still unanswered if I didn't miss it:

Prerequisite of the Year 2 classes where the students had to have enough knowledge in two or more class.

What familiars can speak the human language and what familiars might be able to learn speaking it with enough teaching?

So fare I thought Kaliri is summer?!

When I read trough Lost Man's Way Adventure 00 I wonder why the night is then so extreme cold that "You huddle into your coat, attempting to bury your face into your chest, hoping that making yourself small would keep the warmth together"

Maybe the End have to set to a different date then Kaliri 28?

Legate, In Y2, will the classes the npc students choose depend on their skills or exam results?

I ask because I'm starting to get sick with nausea thinking about making a Y2 Gradebook.....