Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

I know it's been discussed before but looking back a little I couldn't find it and if my exact question was as well I don't remember it.

As I understand it our future studies and classes will be about specialized sub-disciplines to the main skills/pillars we learned about in year 1. I kinda forgot the specifics but I think some sort of Glamour music for instance?

1) If it works like that, will we then not also study the original skill to take it beyond the 10/11 we had achieved in year 1?

2) Will the maximum be automatically raised from 10 to 20 in year 2 or will we have to work for each point of increased max?

3) Will attending classes sometimes increase maximum skill levels?

4) I figure some skills will be too specialized to show up in many adventures. Will specialized skills increase the core skills in some fashion? If not how will they interact with adventures?

1. Almost certainly we will study it, although possibly indirectly. We may need to take 2-3 classes based off of incantation to be able to push that max up all the way to 20, not counting any additional ways.

2. work work work for them. just like all that research could only get you to 11

3. good question. I dunno

4. I suspect yes, but we'll see.

Dream;

1) If it works like that, will we then not also study the original skill to take it beyond the 10/11 we had achieved in year 1?

You do not directly advance the Skills you learned in Y1- there are new Skills, which represent the evolution of the concept, in much the same way that you progress from Arithmetic to Geometry to Algebra to Calculus in real life, while it is still all under the umbrella of mathematics. However, you can continue to advance the basic Skill as long as you want to, just as in real life there are people who study Arithmetic at the PhD level! ;)

2) Will the maximum be automatically raised from 10 to 20 in year 2 or will we have to work for each point of increased max?

You must work, as Free and Schwarzbart noted.

3) Will attending classes sometimes increase maximum skill levels?

No, although...indirectly, it's possible.

4) I figure some skills will be too specialized to show up in many adventures. Will specialized skills increase the core skills in some fashion? If not how will they interact with adventures?

You are correct, and they do not appear. However, the benefits they grant you will impact how you deal with Adventures, as you will see...

Dream;

It's possible to advance in any Skill, once you know about it.

Schwarzbart;

Haha! No promises, but maybe...just maybe...before the end of the year. I'm trying hard, but the Team likes their surprises. ;)

In all seriousness though, the requirements aren't that hard, and I'm pretty confident that you'll make it as long as you choose a direction and work towards it.

Replayed Captain's adventure...again. Will we ever get a shot at that staircase? It sounds wonderful to slide off...

What sort of authority does the Captain have in places other than Mineta? Treated like a king, foreign ambassador? Dignitary? What is the general response for a visiting foreign power? Since there are no emperors/kings outside of Auncesay?

And off-topic since I have no idea where to post this. Free Fallouts for all at GOG. All three old-school games are free until the 14th. Get it now, since after this year, GOG won't have the rights to sell it anymore. Just refresh until you can get it, otherwise works fine.

@Mad;

That is an awesome tip. And what great games, too!

The Captain has little or no authority outside of Mineta, where he is regarded as (best case) a steward and (worst case) a commoner usurping Imperial rights. Visiting dignitaries usually afford him a bit more respect than the weight of his station.

As to the stair case, I'll have to mention that to the Team. :)

Can someone point me to extended info about the 4 Heritage (Auncish, Merilien, Staadan and Strozzan)?

(Rengalian is not needed as with this background we also stay in Mineta)

Edit: Do I guess right that a player char with Descended of Royalty/Nobility is not very high in the list of actual becoming a land holding noble?