Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

...And that's why I'd never study plants in that setting.

Prof Vickery is probably just as brave as Parchait.

Half of that description incredibly disturbingly reminds me of that lore on chocolate fruit trees.especially the trapped by the roots bit. *shudder*

Well, they need some way of luring in people with useful knowledge to harvest - most such plants have sweet sap or some such to encourage their prey animals to approach. Candy would be too obvious - and only catch children who wouldn't have knowledge (although could be a could source of dreams) and wouldn't make useful mind-thralls, so maybe sweet flowers/fruits - or even glamours or some such to indicate hidden treasure.

Of course you could mix in a whomping-willow style effect and have vines attack passers by and stuff them into the root-maws, but that'#s a little energetic, and harvesting the memories/skills/dreams would be hazardous unless you knew the way to quieten the plant.

I suspect that some of the gardeners have a nice little business going on, what with sales of "surplus plants", bribes from students who "need a little help" or don't want "a minor discretion to come to light" :ph34r:

I expect that some of the gardeners are pretty tough, and that some of the others volunteer students to deal with particularly nasty plants, i also think that the pirate who snuck in disguised as a gardener was probably lucky to run into [insert hero's name] when you consider what else they could have run into!

1. Can you give us an example of a time a student was called on to vote in such a way?

2. Have there ever been any threats that were large enough to the school that they might have shut down the Academagia permanently?

3. What is the average age of marriage in Elumia?

4. How long could an enchantment made by a talented first year aiming for duration last.

5. I understand that di cossa wasn't a saint, but did he technically have a point about having never been tried? was his order out of bounds to hold him as they did? (as opposed to turning him over to the authorities)

6. Given that the many islands have since formed a sort of local governance, just how observed is imperial law?

7. What would you call a literal version of the "Midas' Touch"?

8. Can Mastery affect ghosts? (or unbound spirits)

9. Which pheme is considered the easiest to draw?

10. Given that many instructors attended the Academagia themselves, did any of them forsake Pamela? :(

11. Will clique bonuses change over years?

Free;

1. Can you give us an example of a time a student was called on to vote in such a way?

Not off hand, no, but it has happened when a Student has necessary expertise.

2. Have there ever been any threats that were large enough to the school that they might have shut down the Academagia permanently?

Several rebellions, yes.

3. What is the average age of marriage in Elumia?

Good question- it is earlier than today for obvious reasons, but in the cities and among the nobility there is less pressure to marry early.

4. How long could an enchantment made by a talented first year aiming for duration last.

Too many variables.

5. I understand that di cossa wasn't a saint, but did he technically have a point about having never been tried? was his order out of bounds to hold him as they did? (as opposed to turning him over to the authorities)

That depends. :)

6. Given that the many islands have since formed a sort of local governance, just how observed is imperial law?

Not particularly well observed, even in Mineta.

7. What would you call a literal version of the "Midas' Touch"?

Touch of Gold? :)

8. Can Mastery affect ghosts? (or unbound spirits)

Unknown.

9. Which pheme is considered the easiest to draw?

Good question! I am not sure.

10. Given that many instructors attended the Academagia themselves, did any of them forsake Pamela? :(

Hahaha! I guess at least one must have. ;)

11. Will clique bonuses change over years?

No, but new ones appear.

I just read yesterday that the age of marriage in the European middle-age was usually 14 but sometimes it was as early as 12.

In the same article they mentioned that at this time the child usually keep with they parents for the first 7 years and then their 7 year long education starts (apprenticeship or school).

Is this similar in the world of Academagia?

How can a spell like Effervescence of Spirit target a complete College at Academagia?

I can understand the targeting of every person in a room (clique) or even every person in a building.

But for a complete College I have problems unless the spell that was cast on us at the first day have to do with this.

Edit : DLC 16 still on track for a release this year?

I'm thinking of working on improving my gradebook, and was wondering on a few things

1. At what point is a student put on report? (failing X number of classes? bad average grade?)

2. Is getting the special tutoring 'class' dependant on getting 'first class honors' in all classes?

3. Really, if there are any other important effects of grades from a school mechanics standpoint, (such as being eligible for president of the school council,) I'd like to know... If not now, then at least when DLC16 comes out.

edit: How would a student who had 3 class failures but 3 first class honors compare to a student who got all lower second class honors?

Hello, all! I spent ... a week, I think? ... reading through this thread; it's been very informative! I do have some questions, though:

1) Does Pamela have an official last name? If so, will we learn it or has it been lost to the centuries?

2) Would it be possible to enchant a teddy bear to move and fight for Pamela, and would this be possible before the end of year 5? Would it be possible to buy one? How much would it cost?

3) Are there any plans for a Raven familiar?

4) Any word on Catherine Chard's real eye color, or is it still [redacted]?

5) At what level would a Revisionist be capable of creating the changes in a human body required to let the human purr?

6) Am I correct in understanding that Enchantment, while 'weaker' than the Pillars of magic, is capable of surpassing them with time and money? I mean, that a less-skilled Enchanter can create effects as impressive - or more impressive - than a more skilled ... say Negationist - so long as he had enough time?

7) Does Enchantment require grounding in a Pillar to create similar effects, or is just the Phemic knowledge enough? So if an Enchanter wanted to make an Anti-Magic Cage, would he also need a strong background in Negation, or would just knowing the right Phemes be enough?

8) I guess related to #7 ... if I wanted to Enchant a Wand of Lightning Bolts, would I need to Enchant it with the Throw Lightning spell, or could I just use Lightning Phemes? If both are capable of generating the desired effect, is there a difference between the two methods?

9) Are the Chards Nobility? Royal Descendants? Or "just" filthy, filthy rich?

10) Pending the results of #9, has it been specifically confirmed that Catherine Chard has no possibility of having divine heritage?

11) Is it really that easy to create a flying pirate dorm (room), or does the PC/Zoe utilize pre-existing enchantments on the Hedi dorms? If the latter, do the other dorms also have ... interesting ... Enchantments on them?

... I think that's it for now. Thank you for any answers!