Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

I'm curious how differences in torpedo tech will play out in VB. USN torpedoes were notoriously bad for a few years... ninjapacman posted an article about that on the history board that's a good read (for techies and history nerds at least :P).

I'm curious how differences in torpedo tech will play out in VB. USN torpedoes were notoriously bad for a few years... ninjapacman posted an article about that on the history board that's a good read (for techies and history nerds at least :P).

Actuallt that makes me wonder, will we be able to mix and match equitment like put german torps on american ships?

For those who don't read KS Campaign page:

Your fleets are collected from over 120 unique Belles. Although you are loyal to one of the seven great naval powers of 1939, you can collect any Belle, from any Nation. As a German Captain, you can commission the vivacious USS New Orleans. As a Brit, you can woo the rough and tumble Parizhskaya Kommuna. And as an American, you can win the ferocious Takao to your side. Commanding a diverse fleet with unique personalities, abilities, and potentials is your best defense and offense in the greatest war the world has ever known.

Your influence can sway Nations to invest in the research, development and diplomatic channels you need to upgrade and improve your arsenal. RPC Fire Control on the HMS Orion and an Arado Ar-196 on the Aoba’s catapult are possible through your prestige.

• Like 1

v_L & Metis are correct- you can mix and match, if you have access to it. There are some things that are harder than others, of course.

One note, about American (and German) Torpedoes in '39- the Team hasn't decided whether to treat this realistically or not. Right now, it's 'realistic' in the game, which means that you have to invest in your own weapons or just get somebody else's torpedoes (everyone always goes for the Long Lance, obviously.)

We'll see how it ends up. :)

Hmm, two more hidden Belles?

sMOuRf3.jpg

Ships teased in Campaign

-HMS Hood

Ships mentioned

RAN

-2 mentioned

--1 DD

-few Jutland survivors

-HMS Nubian

-HMS Orion

-KM U-29

-KM Gneiusenau

-RN Axum

-RN Lampo

-USS (not-quite-Tennessee) BB

-IJN Takao

-IJN Aoba

-IJN Nagato

Ships probably hinted

-USS Enterprise

-USS Texas

-IJN Tenryuu

-KM Admiral Hipper

PR;

Yep, deck criticals and fires are more dangerous with Long Lances, but...then again, their dud rate is very small. :)

Not just their dud rate. They were near invisible to spot compared to contemporaries, and they could travel nearly twice as far as their competitors at far higher speeds. They also carried the largest payload of any torpedo at the time.

Since Belles are spiritual manifestations, are they like ghosts/holograms or are they "solid"? It would be hard to interact and date someone you can't physically touch...

I asked this one before. Solid.

Much more than twice as far...

Sorry. It's been a while since I read up on the statistics. Thanks for the correction. My point still stands though. If you can fit 610mm torp launchers as opposed to the more common 533mm torpedoes of most other major navies, there's no question about it that you should fit long lances.

Sorry. It's been a while since I read up on the statistics. Thanks for the correction. My point still stands though. If you can fit 610mm torp launchers as opposed to the more common 533mm torpedoes of most other major navies, there's no question about it that you should fit long lances.

Then use the Type 95 torpedo its nearly the same as the Type 93, common known as Long Lance, just smaller (533 mm)

There's obviously a limit of what we can mount on our ships, right? *hides plans to give Rawa 18" guns*

I imagine there will be a practical limit: a ship designed to carry 14 in rifles may not be able to support the weight of 16 or 18 inch rifles, unless she's like the Mogami class cruisers where the upgunning potential was designed in.

I imagine there will be a practical limit: a ship designed to carry 14 in rifles may not be able to support the weight of 16 or 18 inch rifles, unless she's like the Mogami class cruisers where the upgunning potential was designed in.

Or a penalty due to weight and a limit on number of guns (say only able to carry two 18" guns on Iowa)