Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Metis;

EDIT: 2. I take a Gates-created Bag of Holding, and stuff a whole spear in there. I then dig a large hole, throw in a dome made of glass, put the bag inside the dome, and fill the hole with dirt. I than disrupt the enchantment on the bag so that it is no longer a Bag of Holding (or a Bag of Holding So Long As I Don't Say You're A Regular Bag, if you prefer) but a regular bag, which does not have enough space inside of it to house the entire spear.

2a: What happens to the spear?

2b: What happens to the glass dome around the bag?

2c: What happens to the dirt the bag is buried under?

2d: How possible is it to convince a layman that all of the above won't happen, but that instead something else happens that sounds logical to anyone who is banned from ever actually studying Gates?

...come now, you already know this is all [Redacted]! :)

3. Oh, I suspect that you will see in Y2. :)

1. Is "Ye shall not place signs revealing where one mayest and mayest not go" one of those Octavian Rules ;)?

2. Are there any depictions of Octavius as or with an eight-legged bird of some kind? Octo + Avian = Octavian, seem fitting :).

Why, no, I do not plan on training Piety. Ever.

3. What are the exact rules regarding "no lethal magic on campus"? Like, where's the line drawn between "lethal" or "not lethal", what would the faculty do if a student got his/her hands on a spell or Pheme which has literally no use other than potentially murdering him/herself or others, what would the faculty do when said student uses said spell/Pheme in a duel and gives both him/herself and his/her rival a heart attack in the process (if one that doesn't actually kill either of them)?

And if not that, than the extended Director's Cut re-release of free's old signature :rolleyes:?

Actual question: Are monster encounters like Oan describes in Y1 actually present in Y2, and if yes, is it possible for an adventure to drop the PC into combat as part of the adventure, to the point where whether and how the adventure advances (or stalls) is dependant on the outcome of the combat? Also, how many monsters can a PC (and/or Clique, if that's supported) fight in a single combat?

Yes, I've got plans. Doomhounds might be involved.

Free;

No, no news- but it's definitely the case that they are looking at Steam at the moment.

Metis;

Monsters are in Y2, but they appear in the new dueling mini-game. It's not like how it was set up to be in Y1...which is probably for the best. :)

You can fight any number, but bear in mind that it is an abstraction.

Can you check with the team how problematic some exploits are for the import into year 2?

1) The exploit that when you start the adventure at the same day you can do 2-3 adventure excluding each other (Main adventure, Storm Dream Adventure & Mineta in Need etc.)

2) The class skipping exploit we have in the current game version

3) Mods

4) About Mods is it still true that we can rewrite them for year 2 to avoid any trouble with importing games even with now the import tool is separate?

Wait? importing is seperate? As in we're going to have to prepare our saves for Y2 Outside of the game proper?

That's not too big a deal, but why is that necessary? Is there some reason that Y2 can't read Y1 files? Have the formats evolved so rapidly? ...Anyway:

1. Can spells be perfectly silent, or do they have some audible components? (like the famous dragon quest magic bit?)

2. Will our relations with any professors change based on our final Y1 grades?

3. Can you explain how ideals change the nature of spells? Is it supposed to influence the way phemes are 'interpreted' in a spell?

4. Does the Academagia have majors/minors? I expect yes even if it doesn't fit quite hthst way?

5. Can you tell us how Kailiri was? I don't thik the game really felt like it was really winding down during that month. Which professors helped their students cram right before the exams? What went on in classrooms after the exams finished? Should I be worried about the way Von Rupprecht looks at me after the grades get posted? (As if I wouldn't worry anyway, but...)

6. Is it possible to chain time delayed spells together so that they fire at once? say if I'm going up against a powerful wizard and needed to string together several of my best spells together in order to pose a threat. What school of magic allows that?

Schwarzbart & Free;

1) The exploit that when you start the adventure at the same day you can do 2-3 adventure excluding each other (Main adventure, Storm Dream Adventure & Mineta in Need etc.)

That isn't intended, and may cause problems. I'm not sure how it's handled, yet.

2) The class skipping exploit we have in the current game version

Should not be a problem.

3) Mods

*Shouldn't* be a problem, by design, but not guaranteed.

4) About Mods is it still true that we can rewrite them for year 2 to avoid any trouble with importing games even with now the import tool is separate?

Should work fine. *Should*. ;)

Importing is broken out of Y2 to handle the different formats of the saves of Y1. It may be reintegrated, but I am not sure.

Free;

1. Can spells be perfectly silent, or do they have some audible components? (like the famous dragon quest magic bit?)

They can be entirely silent, apart from your motion, of course.

2. Will our relations with any professors change based on our final Y1 grades?

Hmmm. Nooo, I don't think so.

3. Can you explain how ideals change the nature of spells? Is it supposed to influence the way phemes are 'interpreted' in a spell?

Yes, and they also determine the expression of the Spell overall, too.

4. Does the Academagia have majors/minors? I expect yes even if it doesn't fit quite hthst way?

Yes, but not 100% as you suggest. There are degrees conferred, but not really majors and minors as we know them today.

5. Can you tell us how Kailiri was? I don't thik the game really felt like it was really winding down during that month. Which professors helped their students cram right before the exams? What went on in classrooms after the exams finished? Should I be worried about the way Von Rupprecht looks at me after the grades get posted? (As if I wouldn't worry anyway, but...)

Hahaha! There could be some fun events/adventures in that vein, definitely. :)

6. Is it possible to chain time delayed spells together so that they fire at once? say if I'm going up against a powerful wizard and needed to string together several of my best spells together in order to pose a threat. What school of magic allows that?

Yes, but it's not related to Pillars. Instead, it depends on how you arrange your Border.

1) How common is it that students actual end their education at Academagia at the end of year 2?

2) What job chances have former students who failed already in year 2?

3) Will we see new students in year 2 and if so are this students who go for a other try of year 2 or students that direct join in year 2?

4) Where there students in the past who had to leave Academagia already in year 1 and what was the reason they had to leave?

5) Are there plans that the player would get the information what jobs they could do if they end their time at Academagica at year 3,4 and natural 5?

6) Will the player given that chance in year 4 or 5 to redo the year if their results are not good enough? (would be fun to see some other Students again who did a extra round in the year before ^^)

7) Is it common that students need more then only 5 years to finish year 5 at Academagia?

8) Was there a year in the history where there was no end term results for a year because of some event? If so could you give us some info about this and how it was handled by the regents and headmaster?

Schwarzbart;

1) How common is it that students actual end their education at Academagia at the end of year 2?

Very uncommon, but not unheard of.

2) What job chances have former students who failed already in year 2?

That depends on what they have learned, but if they can demonstrate a trade, they can find work.

3) Will we see new students in year 2 and if so are this students who go for a other try of year 2 or students that direct join in year 2?

No, there aren't any new Students, unless you yourself make a Y2 Student as a new character.

4) Where there students in the past who had to leave Academagia already in year 1 and what was the reason they had to leave?

Yes, definitely. Some disliked the college, but mostly it is due to family or monetary issues.

5) Are there plans that the player would get the information what jobs they could do if they end their time at Academagica at year 3,4 and natural 5?

Yes. :)

6) Will the player given that chance in year 4 or 5 to redo the year if their results are not good enough? (would be fun to see some other Students again who did a extra round in the year before ^^)

No, I don't think so. It would be great, but probably would require too much to do.

7) Is it common that students need more then only 5 years to finish year 5 at Academagia?

It is uncommon, but it does happen.

8) Was there a year in the history where there was no end term results for a year because of some event? If so could you give us some info about this and how it was handled by the regents and headmaster?

No, this has not happened, even during the worst years of siege, revolt and destruction.

Yes, definitely. Some disliked the college, but mostly it is due to family or monetary issues.

So...if the PC ever loses the support of his/her parents and is unable to find someone else willing to pay tuition (at least that the Academagia itself won't cover)...it's game over? That's an interesting idea that might come into play in later years, particularly if the PC's a Black Sheep.

Not expecting an answer but have to ask: Is there any chance that the PC's parents have a personal stake in something the PC can, knowingly or not, completely ruin in Y1 and/or beyond? Like, Sky Pirates that didn't want to argue with the Costers in a Pirate Council, Secret Heritage that really wanted you to get enrolled in Schohanwicht instead of botching the final A House in the Bog roll, Religious that aren't pleased with less-than-religious activities (like maybe hanging out with Ilaro and the Thieves Guild), that sort of stuff?

Metis;

...well, I don't think the game will punish you *too* much for choices, although in very extreme cases it can lead to game over. As much as is possible, though, you'll always have control over that sort of thing.

It's definitely possible to make choices right now that will surprise you in the future. :)

Metis;

...well, I don't think the game will punish you *too* much for choices, although in very extreme cases it can lead to game over. As much as is possible, though, you'll always have control over that sort of thing.

It's definitely possible to make choices right now that will surprise you in the future. :)

Well that doesn't sound ominous at all.

*Cue lightning and ominous pipe organ music*

Metis about Schohanwitch it comes always down to how you argument. If the Student is saying it get to much for doing Academagica and Schoanwitch at the same time and he take a break from study there till finished with Academagica will only make you parents sad because they thought you manage both. But on the other hand if you just never showed up for the class in Schoanwitch you not only will find your self under investigation of Schonawitch but also your parent will be very angry at you.

Edit: Will there be a club related to Schoanwitch in year 2?