Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Seems to me like having Schohanwicht students also attend the Academagia, even for those that can handle the pressure (which should be very few), is just too high a risk. Far too many opportunities for nosy students to notice you're missing and ask unfortunate questions, being caught by random Gates residue tests whenever the disaster of the week involves Gates magic, or having your Portal Key stolen by someone who wants to take your money for whatever reason.

I'm putting good money that someone in the Academagia (*cough* Briardi *cough*) is...not necessarily on Schohanwicht's payroll, but at minimum allied with them more so than even Orsi could consider legal.

1.Can you explain what would happen if a person attempted to cast a spell in a position that would physically negate it? Can that be done?

2. How would you go about using an incantation-enchantment to create say a sword that would last long past the duration of a normally incanted sword?

3. One of the choices that may lead to unexpected happenings would be Professor von Rupprecht's special guest, right? No matter what you do in that adventure you're bound to get some interesting blowback. (particularly if Rupprecht himself gets involved) but meh, I know the outcomes themselves are redacted.

4. Are there any plans to show us a pre-exile Cyve? (As players, not necessarily the player characters.)

5. How far back do the oldest confirmable records stretch?

So I just read up on how you can side with von Rupprecht during Professor von Rupprecht's Special Guest. And gods almighty is von Rupprecht a snake. I'm definitely going to learn Cooking one way or another because damn is pumpkin pie going to save my life more than once before my education is over.

Free;

1.Can you explain what would happen if a person attempted to cast a spell in a position that would physically negate it? Can that be done?

You mean, as though they could block of fire being magically generated? It seems to happen that physical law dictates the results. There isn't any kind of magical blow back, as far as is known.

2. How would you go about using an incantation-enchantment to create say a sword that would last long past the duration of a normally incanted sword?

The higher the Duration, the more investment in the Border (and sometimes the Palette). Ideals can help here, too. Suffice to say, it becomes very complex.

3. One of the choices that may lead to unexpected happenings would be Professor von Rupprecht's special guest, right? No matter what you do in that adventure you're bound to get some interesting blowback. (particularly if Rupprecht himself gets involved) but meh, I know the outcomes themselves are redacted.

Who could say? MUAHAHAHAHAHAH.

4. Are there any plans to show us a pre-exile Cyve? (As players, not necessarily the player characters.)

Hmmm. I cannot say.

5. How far back do the oldest confirmable records stretch?

The oldest *confirmable* record dates from before the Exile, and is a contract between local princes and a dragon, on a stone tablet.

How fare off are I am when I suspect that for the entry test into year 2 we need a skill of 7-8 to pass if we didn't have this skill as class and its required for one of our new class?

(Because we don't have study and Cardinal Distribution don't work for the entry test I suspect we need to reach a First class Honors in Council Distribution what result in a skill of at last 7 or 8)

1. Old bag/PM question ;)?

2. I've said that House Kazus doesn't inform the PC's parents when the PC becomes their student, as it's the PC's choice of whether or not to tell them (and it should come from the PC directly if s/he chooses to do so), but is it possible, through rumors of having paid off someone to spy on the PC, that the PC's parents actually did learn themselves? Particularly if they (and the PC by extension) live in Mineta, especially if they live in the upper city. The PC...wasn't discreet near the end of An Outing..., and if the old bag indeed belongs to Rain I have to question where Nhordum was when he heard of the patient the PC and Gwendy were bringing in.

3. Will our Familiar get a unique action/ability in Y2, like the Familiars of the Y1 kids have currently?

4. No, it's intended for the PCs to all be essentially the same age. Of course, depending on birthday, it will be different.

What if Jo gets held back a year? Or if one of Philippe's brothers does so we have two of them to deal with? Does Academagia hold students back, or advance them more than a year if they are well ahead of their peers?

I have a suspicion that that will not be dealt with until uper and lower classmen show up.

Anyway, Legate, have the islands floating in the sky shown signs of erosion? do the maps show that they change any?

What is the typical set time alloted to complete their studies at the Academagia? Since there are students who surely must skip a year or two for various reasons, I am curious as to what the cutoff point for that is,

Free;

Courtesy of the Team:

"Adelrad von Niefen and Edward Thewkes were students together in the Academy in the early 11th century, and - due to a now-obscure question of honor - neither was willing to receive a degree from the school until the other had received his degree first. Adelrad, without official credentials, went on to become the Aranaz Regent; Edward, equally technically unqualified, became the head of College Durand. Both men lived to the ripe old age of 86, and died on the same day; Thewkes' last words were famously "I think I must concede, Adelrad."
Their degrees were issued posthumously and simultaneously, after 75 years of 'study'.
Tarvixio Sido has mentioned in the past that he's still technically missing an Astrology credit, and that he's striving to beat the old record - but nobody's quite sure whether he's serious."

Schwarzbart;

Hahaha! Could you imagine the amount of writing time needed? Would be cool, though. :)

Maybe you need to develop a random character picture, AI goal set and Name generator for year 5 so you can add new 4th year while the old 4th year become 5th year.

That the story based adventures run out is something to expect but at last the player have a endless game ;)

Can you confirm or deny that The Schohanwicht School is a good or at last neutral aligned school as the adventure with Euneycia suggest?

I'm now wondering because you mentioned not to long ago that the player char have to pay a price (no money) for the right to be visiting this school at a later point and a price your not informed at the day you joined the school is actual something only evil beings would do.

It's a school studying, researching and teaching illegal magic to kids under the thinly-veiled condition that they either do what they're told or their immediate family is going to go bye-bye. The students that do what they're told are given the chance to gain power through a mysterious and unexplained ritual that raises their Stress Minimum, possibly (as at least one person theorized) through contacting and metaphorically contracting oneself out to the resident version of Cthulhu.

Exactly what part of that sounds like it's a place that cares?