Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

1) Will the regent try to talk you out of your wish to change college if you had good grades in your old college?

Turning this question in the other direction:

1) Will your current regent try to talk you out of your wish to change college if you had bad grades in your old college?

2) Will your new regent try to talk you out of your wish to change college if you had bad grades in your old college? :P

Turning this question in the other direction:

2) Will your new regent try to talk you out of your wish to change college if you had bad grades in your old college? :P

The new Regent don't care for the class of the old college but instead you need

- Good relationship with the new Regent

- Good skill level in the core class of the new college. You have to prove this by a test or if you had this as class in year 1 by the exam results then.

Schwarzbart, I'm pretty sure that's [redacted]

I would expect the defunct colleges to be reinstated if the bans on their magics were removed, but, I'm kind of doubting it will be too useful to the player, as they would almost certainly focus on teaching new students, rather than give advanced classes for 3rd years and above, since logically they were loyal characters who certainly wouldn't defy the ban when it was active...? ;)

I do expect the player to be able to start taking classes in Gates and Mastery if that comes to pass, but only basic classes, which probably wouldn't be a use to someone who has in one way or another become an advanced user without the Academagia's formal blessing. ;)

In universe, I'm assuming that if either of the defunct colleges is restored it'll not be up and running until after the PC's epilogue (unless you write in it that your PC later became a professor or some such).

IRL, I'm really hoping that, writing difficulty aside, such changes can be done in Y4 at the latest. Having the unbans be just "a thing" that can be part of your character epilogue isn't enough, I want to see the immediate consequences as they happen. And there will be consequences...

I would expect the colleges to be back up and running at the beginning of the next school year after the unbanning. Not up to full speed or anything, which is why the focus would be on basic classes, and every year add a few things to the curriculum until the restarted colleges could be considered whole again.

That would be the ideal way to incorporate them into the story while not adding a whole lot of change to the system. The revived colleges wouldn't actually be joinable in the game itself, (except for a handful of classes) but you would start to see the consequences whenever they're mentioned.

The only way you could get advanced classes for Mastery and Gates during this revival time would be to have direct support from the Legate himself, which I suppose is not impossible, but...

1) How difficult and time consuming is it for a Background: Sky Pirate to get to Mineta during the summer break?

2) Have the Secret Background the highest priority of all backgrounds that set the location of the family or is there even a higher one?

3) How uncommon is it that a mage have multiple wand with him / her? I suspect a mage good at 2 or more magic usual have 1 wand per magic path with her/him , or?

4) Is the combination Gate and Negation magic for space exploration still in planning for Academagica or was this just a joke?

5) in year 1 we had detention during the free time slot after class what happen in year 2 if this time slot is used by Extra class or even worse Schohanwitch? For Schohanwitch the Professor shouldn't even know your supposed to be in a different school then. Will the detention in year 2 only be at the weekend to avoid issues?

5) in year 1 we had detention during the free time slot after class what happen in year 2 if this time slot is used by Extra class or even worse Schohanwitch? For Schohanwitch the Professor shouldn't even know your supposed to be in a different school then. Will the detention in year 2 only be at the weekend to avoid issues?

Sounds like a good adventure hook, really! Or getting into a loop of detention between both schools :P

Schohanwicht being every day after school still feels really punishing, is it still really the case? Given that the 4th timeslot is apparently associated with some sort of cost or negative effect, basically half of your "free" timeslots a week will be taken up with it, which seems really excessive.

Schwarzbart;

1) How difficult and time consuming is it for a Background: Sky Pirate to get to Mineta during the summer break?

It's decently far- I'm not sure you could manage it easily.

2) Have the Secret Background the highest priority of all backgrounds that set the location of the family or is there even a higher one?

I think it's the highest precedence.

3) How uncommon is it that a mage have multiple wand with him / her? I suspect a mage good at 2 or more magic usual have 1 wand per magic path with her/him , or?

Amongst battle mages, or among travelling mages, you often see it. Otherwise, it's usually too bulky.

4) Is the combination Gate and Negation magic for space exploration still in planning for Academagica or was this just a joke?

Haha! Joke, sorry. :)

But if you *were* going to do it...;)

No, of course not- Schohanwicht doesn't exist, and so therefore surely could never conflict with the detention schedule at the Academagia...;)

No, of course not- Schohanwicht doesn't exist, and so therefore surely could never conflict with the detention schedule at the Academagia... ;)

Oh...dear. I don't think Briardi could fudge those details over...

Anyway, maybe not the best topic to ask but since I'm here anyway, how's progress on Greenlight?

That is, most definitely, the coding team getting footage of the new UI to put into the campaign and/or the trailer outright. Seeing as how that's one of the common complaints it'd be prudent to mention it's been addressed. Either way I hope it doesn't take long because yeah...waitin'...

Speaking of which, I don't suppose the Team has scouted a popular Youtube channel to catapult that campaign into low orbit like G. Goomba did Victory Belles?

Not referring to the options not listing what skills are rolled (which isn't truly secret, since such options will still be color-coded based on your chance of actually passing said roll), I'm wondering if the game could make a roll before any exit/investigation is actually selected, and change which options are available based on whether that roll succeeded or failed.

To be more specific, imagine a situation where the PC is told information by an agreeable-seeming NPC who is actually lying/withholding information. Is it possible for the game to secretly roll Character Study (or some other appropriate skill), and depending on whether that roll passes/fails, have the options reflect that the PC noticed/didn't notice the NPC lying/withholding information/what have you? Yes, you could have an investigation option that leads into relevant exits, but as I mentioned, in that case the investigation option will reveal the fact that it's actually rolling something based on the automatic color-coding.

And yes, I'm also aware that on replays that fact wouldn't be much of a spoiler anymore, but...options :).