Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Exactly how dark can the game get by Y5? There's only hints of some seriously dark stuff in Y1. I am all for dark stuff so long as there's a line drawn in the sand somewhere just before the event horizon and you start letting demons possess people and stuff. Really, that can get creepy awful fast.

Really reach for it? Y1 already has several blatant instances of And I Must Scream, to go along with Just Going About Your Business, Once Discovered and Carnage on the Fields.

EDIT: What's the most complicated maze that history remembers, on a scale of Modern FPS Map Design to 4D switch-operated illusion-riddled teleport maze?

Edited by Metis

2) Are there Incantix and Kazus tower that are closed to all but the staff of Academagia? Given we have at last one Forbidden To Entry tower of Vernin I expect there at last 1 or 2 tower that are closed from this 2 former College.

3) Did I understand it right that the magic of the Vernin Grand Forge need to refreshed again during our time at Academagia?

3b) If so wouldn't that difficult with a Regent that is focused on Revision instead of Artificing?

4) Is there a secret war going on between different magic user that somehow managed to survive centuries or even millennia? At last I suspect such old magic user would do such things for keep entertained (You can guess that I started to read the WoD Vampire rules again ^^)

2) There are sections of (what used to be) Icanicix that were bricked up and are now inaccessible to pretty much everyone. Kazus, by contrast, was either completely torn down or re-purposed, sometimes torn down and later rebuild. Both, though, were thoroughly looted and plundered before the inquisition showed up to throw every bit of paper and parchment on a pyre, in some cases taking entire buildings with them.

EDIT: And here's the questions from the previous page, for your convenience.

EDIT: What's the most complicated maze that history remembers, on a scale of Modern FPS Map Design to 4D switch-operated illusion-riddled teleport maze?

2) Are there Incantix and Kazus tower that are closed to all but the staff of Academagia? Given we have at last one Forbidden To Entry tower of Vernin I expect there at last 1 or 2 tower that are closed from this 2 former College.

3) Did I understand it right that the magic of the Vernin Grand Forge need to refreshed again during our time at Academagia?
3b) If so wouldn't that difficult with a Regent that is focused on Revision instead of Artificing?

4) Is there a secret war going on between different magic user that somehow managed to survive centuries or even millennia? At last I suspect such old magic user would do such things for keep entertained (You can guess that I started to read the WoD Vampire rules again ^^)

Edited by Metis

Schwarzbart & Metis;

Celsus' Maze is a great example of a magical maze. Although solvable, it does involve non-Euclidean geometry, so...;)

As Metis wrote. :)

Yes. :)

Also, yes. :)

Hahaha! If there is...it surely is a secret...;)

Did I understand it right that the magic of the Vernin Grand Forge need to refreshed again during our time at Academagia?

Are we talking about Vernin's grand forge or the Academagia's grand forge?

Well, the labyrinth of shadows was destroyed, so...

Celus' maze is probably the best the school could do, afterwards. Makes me wonder if the legate would be nice enough to explain whether the labyrinth of shadows was even solvable, or what it would be like to go through it..

Nobody's perfect. ;)

To be fair there's sooo much info it's easy to forget something.

Like I totally don't know anything about any Invictus Rebellions, even now. I tried to find lore on it but failed, though apparently a Mastery wizard can be found in those lores that might even be well-known today...

Yeah, if you ever do a lore dive make sure you keep a list of the names you come across and where you did. I've got...ten names associated with Gates by the looks of it, though not all ten are confirmed historically significant casters, of course.

...What? It's solely to know when I ought to turn around and run away, of course I'd never study Gates myself. I mean I wouldn't, but Gods help me if researching it's history isn't fun.