Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

It seems to me that in the setting one is not very bright if S/he shares his secret/discoveries with other mages....................................................................................... for free... .

Well if it is for your final project by which your merit in your education is judged it might not be a bad idea, especially if you plan on doing all sorts of other spectacular deeds later as well.

------------------------------------

Anyway, I finally read through all the questions from where I left off a while back, took some time :) Pretty motivating for my game though, reading about rules usually get me in the mood to play again. :)

1. I know you won't release a class list, but will most of what you want be handled by having merely the parent skills at say 8-10? Or can it require specific skills like Everard Equation?
2. Would lower knowledge sometimes be enough, like 5? (For a secondary requirement, if that is a thing?)
3. Also how long will our characters have available for them to rectify any skill shortage in a particular skill if it turns out that they need it for something else?

4. We've heard research will be much more important in later years, but is it the same things as from year 1 and will knowledge researched in year 1 potentially give different rewards in year 2 (I.E. will Research be retroactively more useful)?

1. Apart from Monteon, (which is probably better thought of as its own class of incident) has any inhabited island island ever fallen from the sky? Naturally or otherwise?
Yes, naturally, although it returned and reformed from its own wellspring.

5. What is a wellspring?

6. Does living things survive being "reformed" after a fall?

7. How large is the largest island it happened to? and is it a sudden or gradual thing?

I asked 1 already some days ago here the answer I got:

1) Are Hexes and Curses still part of the Astrology teaching in Academagica?

2) Are some requirements for year 2 class based on sub skills or only on skills?

Schwarzbart;

1) Under the current Regent, no, not too much.

2) Only Skills, I believe.

Right, I think my character is going to qualify for almost anything relevant to magic then. It'd have to be really obscure and probably outside my range of interest otherwise. Like music-based magic or some such, awesome enough in a way but not necessary to my own little omni-mage.

I'm fine with not being able to master everything, from what we've heard lorewise I hope it'll be really difficult, though I will definitely give it my all! I'm having trouble imagining what I wouldn't qualify for, but I guess we have the entire summer vacation to study what we need to sign up.

Right?

isadorbg;

1. I know you won't release a class list, but will most of what you want be handled by having merely the parent skills at say 8-10? Or can it require specific skills like Everard Equation?
No, it's the Parents.
2. Would lower knowledge sometimes be enough, like 5? (For a secondary requirement, if that is a thing?)
I think 5 is enough, yes.
3. Also how long will our characters have available for them to rectify any skill shortage in a particular skill if it turns out that they need it for something else?
Well, you'll have all Summer. :)

4. We've heard research will be much more important in later years, but is it the same things as from year 1 and will knowledge researched in year 1 potentially give different rewards in year 2 (I.E. will Research be retroactively more useful)?

Yes, it will be retroactively more useful, in the sense that if you have done Research in Y1, you can reap those benefits in Y2.

1. Apart from Monteon, (which is probably better thought of as its own class of incident) has any inhabited island island ever fallen from the sky? Naturally or otherwise?
Yes, naturally, although it returned and reformed from its own wellspring.

5. What is a wellspring?

It's a place on each island where objects which have fallen off the island are in some way returned. They bubble up from a spring, usually of water, but sometimes of more exotic substances. Not men or animals, though, just objects.

6. Does living things survive being "reformed" after a fall?

No.

7. How large is the largest island it happened to? and is it a sudden or gradual thing?

Well, in the case of Monteon, it was nation sized. :)

Schwarzbart;

No, the extras do not become cores in future years.

I think that some items would show up at the springs, albeit most likely damaged, or warped. a metal object I suspect would have a slightly higher chance of getting through in a recognizable shape.

Do the people believe that the islands are being held up partially by divine interference or solely by conventional magic?

I imagine it's the work of many schools of magic, but is it believed to be mainly the use of gates or astrology (tapping into great forces for energy supply) or perhaps just negation affecting gravity?

Exactly how does "Draconic" magic differ from the pillars of magic as practiced by man? Since most magic was taught to humans I can see that while there may be things not understood, overall the functions could be duplicated if only the theories were known.

I guess Astrology can't be involved if it was created by dragons.

So is Gates magic known to be involved or is it entirely "legal" magic driving the process?

Or is it somehow impossible for modern mages to even sense the types of magic?

Also like Freespace notes, does dragons have innate magic that can be considered "Draconic Magic" or is it just regular magic with a whole lot of skill and insight?

As fare I remember there was a statement that trough the import they actual only will check on your detentions and if you already had Hall session or even visited the pro extra court beside how the anger level of the prof is at the end of the year. But unless you messed up to much you start over with a clean record in year 2.

The problem is if year 2 check trough your complete year 1 records how many class you skipped and come to a other result on the punishment as the year 1 engine there will be conflicts as actual the year 1 engine should have handled the detention on this and not the year 2 engine backward enforce something on this.

If I remember right the complete code for detention from skipping class in Academagia was changed at last 3 times so fare (not including bugfixing this code).

So a search of the Legate's post containing "attendance" pulled up this as the most recent result:

Schwarzbart;

"Oh so you say my troubelsome students who prefer to skip class as much as posible without going into detention will have big problems in year 2? "

No, not big problems at all. smile.gif

dustman;

"Few reasonable professors would punish bright students for doing research on the subject instead of sleeping during lectures."

Sadly, there are too few reasonable professors, even in the real world. smile.gif

I swear I remember the Legate posting somewhere that skipping classes in Y1, getting detention for it or not, does Bad Things in Y2 beyond locking you out of the (minor) perfect attendance bonus.

EDIT: Broken forum quotes are broken.

Edited by Metis