Location Bugs, Confusions, and Balances

Mikka

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not quite sure this is the topic for it, but I've found a few typos:

Character Creation phase 2:

Omen: Shattered Mirrors “... your Intelligence Attribute is goes up...”

Heritage: Merillien extra paragraph for no reason “...and modern Meril is generally </p>

considered to...”

Inventory:

Spy Glass: “... ever suspected someone was talking about you but couldn't hear this, this spy glass ...”

Yes, she was simply attending Arithmetic class. No other subskill was learned.

An issue popped up in my own play. I wanted to cast Number Knack, which my current character has learned, but it's not on her Cast Spells list. In fact, she knows 9 spells, but can only cast 4. I'm not sure why. If a spell was beyond the reach of her skill in my last game, she was still allowed to try, and fail.

Typo about William Vickery: "shocking head of wily red hair..." It's probably supposed to be "wiry red hair."

Suggestion related to CP1: you might want to review the effects "Use the Athletics Fields" ability (-2 stress).

The Rest action already reduces all stress (plus restoring vitality), making the said ability redundant IMHO.

I also think a Random Athletics Skill would be good here except there is a plan to reduce rest.

There's a reason we use stress-reducing action and not the Rest option. I will leave the reason why for you guys to think over. Recently I avoid Rest like plague.

Yes but then you also can use Work the Fields sure it only reduce Stress by 1 but give 20 Pims and 1 to Transport

CP1 - Character Creation:

This occurred with five different new characters, two from the very beginning and the other three from using the in-game screen to go back and make a new character. I didn't notice the duplication on my very first character, so I don't know if the process of using the in-game screen somehow spawned the duplicates or if I scrolled past so quickly they didn't click.

Bad Luck Magnet appears 6 times as choices with the same color text.

Friendship Bitter Hatred also appears 6 times.

"Highjacking" the thread here if I may.

I'm entering my phemes in my Excel (a bit of an optimizer I'm afraid), and I've come accross:

Sparkle: No cost/difficulty given in the description (my guess is 6 as per the increase od 3 skills/subskills)

Temporize: Wahou, I mean... wahou! +3 flawless timing +3 persuasion for a mediocre 4 in difficulty? So far, appart from a couple of exceptions, +1 in skill = +2 in difficulty... that would mean 12 for this pheme. Just wondering.

That's all, so far :)

CP1 - Character Creation:

This occurred with five different new characters, two from the very beginning and the other three from using the in-game screen to go back and make a new character. I didn't notice the duplication on my very first character, so I don't know if the process of using the in-game screen somehow spawned the duplicates or if I scrolled past so quickly they didn't click.

Bad Luck Magnet appears 6 times as choices with the same color text.

Friendship Bitter Hatred also appears 6 times.

Because of this bug there is this warningthread:

http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.p...entry3018

Because they want to be Alert. :)

Especially once we can see our Stress Maximum, but even now, you're weighing Alert versus Peaceful Heart, plus trying not to get the 'bad' emotional state that happens (It's not 'bored', but it's close) if you have no stress and no Practical Jokes, Curiosity, and... Creativity, I think it is (which has been pretty easy for me- you usually have to go out of your way to get some PJ, Curosity I often lose when I ignore random events that I don't have any black or better choices for rather then trying at, and... okay, Creativity is good, but sometimes I just don't have it). A point or two of Stress means you don't get that state, and that you get Alert instead of Peaceful Heart. Those two are pretty balanced: some characters I want one on, the other characters I want the other... but that 'bored/melachony/blues' state is a pain, and I attempt to avoid it all times. That means carrying some Stress around- but not too much- when you're going through class.

...I usually choose to work the fields over the athletic field myself, but if you need the -2, the athletic field is useful.

Archived