Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

From my testing if a Mastery subskill is at 2+, you'll get the "safer with a mentor" option if you want to learn Sync from the Gressel Crew, but you also get the option to back out and they'll be none the wiser. If your Mastery Parent skill is at 2+, though, you don't get a choice but to study under them with the motivations that the adventure states. Because otherwise it's game over. Fun Fact: You can unlock Theory of Mastery through that adventure; you get +1 SS regardless, and another +1 if you persuade Leene to explain exactly what she did. At least, I believe, I can't exactly check the mod tools on this one -_-...

I believe Sync is more for undoing damage caused by Mastery than actively fighting it, Negation or Mastery itself is probably better for the latter, but you could do worse than pit Sync against Mastery. Probably.

Hahaha! Yeah, it's not balanced against some of the super powerful characters I've seen here, that's for sure. :)

I can't shake this feeling that despite my accomplishments, my character doesn't quite hit that "super powerful" tier that Y2 will be incapable of balancing against. Surely I'm on the high end of the scale, but not above it. I'm perplexed as to whether this is a good thing or bad. Oh well.. ;)

Having ramped up my intelligence to stupid levels in the process of just to see what zoology score I could get (that 600 one), there's a display error once it hits triple digit numbers.

Without looking at the code, I'd be surprised if it's stored on more than 2 bites, so it'd cap at 255.

I could, of course, be wrong. But I have no idea why they'd assign a higher number of bite places to something 20 is considered very high in.

As far as I recall .Net doesn't do the whole "1 byte storage" thing that like every console ever does, it just stores everything in either Dwords or Qwords. Spoiler: You're never reaching that cap ingame.

Incidentally, I wasn't aware that attributes even affected exams. I thought it was just your parent skill level times your study level plus extra credit.

Y2 Questions.

1. Can you explain exactly what you mean when you mention 'activities'? For me, it sounds like you are planning for a few other minigames like Rimbal or such?

2. Do you expect even some random events in Y1 to have a follow up in Y2?

3.Can you explain how the Y2 self-library system is supposed to work for our book collection? In Y1 for example, it was not worth it to pick up the "book of Gates mastery" because in order to get it, we'd already have no need of it. Would this library system actually make that book more valuable to us who already have the skills in place?

4. For extra class/ regent instruction, will we be pressured into taking that if we qualify, or is that a completely free choice? (for those of us who value our free time!)

5. Will we get access to that will of Andronicus Pulmon? At least so that we can crack the first two paragraphs ourselves to see exactly what was written in them.

1) Is there some age restriction on who can sign up for the instructions at Contu's School of Incantation

2) Will the 900 Pims costing basic instructions still available in year 2 or only the more expensive version that unlock skills past 10?

3) Is Academagia offering some kind of adult education (beside of actual not having a age limit for sign up as student)?

You mean this :

Something I've always wondered:

..."Each incoming First Year is assigned a Second Year as a mentor, someone to help guide them during their first year at the Academagia. As tradition dictates, this Second Year -me- greets the First Year -you- on Juvenalia. Appropriate, is it not? You're like my new apprentice. Don't worry though, I won't treat you like one," she gives a little laugh. "Anyway, it seems there was a little mix up in the registrar’s office this year, though, because they took in three last-minute additions and ran out of mentors.

The PC, it can assumed, is one of the last-minute additions seeing as how one of the Third Year mentors is assigned to you. But who are the other two?

The PC is not one of the last minute additions...

Muahaha!

I don't know who is speaking in your quote but if it's Oan she's clearly a Second year. I don't remember where I got the idea that she got to redo a year so I maybe wrong on that one.

It is Oan, but her choice of words aside she's a third year. Here's the full paragraph that quote is from:

“I’m sorry,” [Oan] says, “I didn’t even explain what I’m doing here. Okay, here’s the quick version. Each incoming First Year is assigned an older student as a mentor, someone to help guide them during their first year at the Academagia. As tradition dictates, this mentor -me- greets the First Year -you- on Juvenalia. Appropriate, is it not? You're like my new apprentice. Don't worry though, I won't treat you like one," she gives a little laugh. "Anyway, it seems there was a little mix up in the registrar’s office this year, though, because they took in three last-minute additions and ran out of mentors. Legate Orso Orsi asked around for the best mentor from last year, and my name popped up enough that he asked me personally to draw a name from a hat and mentor that student.” Her smile crinkled the corners of her eyes. “And when the Legate asks you personally to do him a favor, you don’t really say no, do you? Still, some First Years don’t want to be hassled by someone older than them, so you have a choice to make. Do you want to have me as a mentor, or should I just let you go back to your room?”

A mentor from last year would be a third year...and I just noticed those quotes don't match up. I previously quoted her as saying "this Second Year", but in the mod tools the actual sentence reads "this mentor"...got it. The Second Year line is from the 1.0.0 version, the mentor line is from the DLC 15 mod base.

A mentor from last year would be a third year...and I just noticed those quotes don't match up. I previously quoted her as saying "this Second Year", but in the mod tools the actual sentence reads "this mentor"...got it. The Second Year line is from the 1.0.0 version, the mentor line is from the DLC 15 mod base.

Possibly or she could still be in the second year for another year :P (wow that sound confusing :s ).