Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Just got through looking over my last major save, made in 2014....

Will Y2 update the descriptions to the skills? I ask because several of them tend to refer to you being a total beginner, which logically is not totally true in Y2. I suppose the most proper way to deal with this sort of thing would be to have dynamic descriptions depending on your own skill level, although I think that's probably pushing it...

How does Y2 handle adding/removing Emotions when it's not done forcefully? Same as Y1? Also, is there a set limit/sequence to how many/which emotions are removed? Say that I add a sequence four emotions, the first of which goes away whenever...say you have 0 Stress, but the next three all have the exit requirement of "not feeling the emotion previous in the sequence". Will all four go away one after another on the first day I hit stress 0, or will only the first go away at first, then the next day the second goes away, and so on?

EDIT: Speaking of, does Y2 have a filter option for adding random emotions so that stuff like Mood Swings won't add something like Temptation of Gates? I've got plans...

Edited by Metis

Good to know there's still some time left, than.

I'm sure you can guess why :).

EDIT: 1) So the Y1 mod tools has a Set function which claims to be able to effect everything from attributes to weather to PA to gender (PS, :blink:?). In Y2 does this Set function return, and if I have...say, an item do "Set Fitness to 0", will that work? Will Fitness be set to 0, regardless of all other modifiers, while that item is equipped?

2) So, someone refresh my memory, when did the mysterious flying jungle island with the stone ruins that you explore during the Pirate main adventure path show up? Because I just noticed that it's an actual location, which you can discover, so technically it should be there before the game's already started, yet I remember that not being the case for...some reason...

Edited by Metis

Oh, that means I might be able to make my und-eh-undeniably unfriendly ideas work after all! Just a pity that'd it be so much work, cause...yeah. That'd be a lot of work...

On the mysterious island, I'd like to note that this is literally the first sentence from the fifth Pirate adventure stage:

A strange island appeared after the storm in which you were asked to help the pirates secure their ships.

1) So how does that work? How does it fit that I could find the island through exploration potentially months before triggering the Pirate main adventure?

EDIT: 2) So apparently I didn't ask this before, even though I swear I did - if I mod the Friendships: Actually, Bitter Hatred background to reduce the random relationship to -10 and also add Rivalry (specifying no target since the relationship decrease is already marked as default), will that work both in terms of properly triggering Vendetta AI/Duel adventure and retaining that through Y1->Y2 import? One of the things I want to do with my overhaul mod (I'll regret calling it that, mark my words...) is make the less flaw-inducing backgrounds more...detrimental. Yes, it's detrimental enough if you roll Joana/Philippe, but that's if you roll Joana/Philippe. Why, yes, Descendant from Traitors is going to be beautiful. And on a totally unrelated note, can Glory be negative? Does it work properly, if it's negative?

3) So I've just noticed that, mechanics wise, it actually seems possibly to Mood Swings your way into getting Affection, and from there into getting Love, since while you need suitably high relationship values to get those emotions you don't actually lose them unless you're hit with Despair. Now I definitely remember that those emotions are slated to do "something" in Y2...but what if you have them while you don't actually have anyone at a high enough relationship value to get them normally? Is that "something" keyed solely to relationship values or having the actual emotions?

Edited by Metis

1) :blink:? Are there two mysterious islands? Is the one you find through exploring behind the mountain and no one knows of it until after the storm moves it? Is it invisible? Considering the plot-relevant of that island this seems like a rather important point!

2) Hmm...that's something I'll have to test, then. If only it didn't take most of a day to publish one mod <_<.

3) Mental note: Mood Swings is on the list - Y2 shenanigans ho! Oh, 'scuse me, um, is the same true for NPCs? Because there's a Pheme you can use to inflict random emotional states on students (Emotion, fittingly enough), and I know Strengthen Will is an easily set up targeted spell that has a low enough roll to be able to manage even with +7 difficulty, so...

4) Is it intentional the Main Adventure Pirates 11 don't set the flag that the player have finished a main adventure?

5) Given the different class each student take, the different rating methods of each class I wonder if we will see a best list beside one for each class? Ok maybe one for the core class of each college but even that will be problematic with Godina.

6) Is it now sure if the Familiar Handling Class will be Morvidus only and if it is in year 2?

Schwarzbart;

4) Is it intentional the Main Adventure Pirates 11 don't set the flag that the player have finished a main adventure?

As Metis notes. :)

5) Given the different class each student take, the different rating methods of each class I wonder if we will see a best list beside one for each class? Ok maybe one for the core class of each college but even that will be problematic with Godina.

You mean, like a 'best of College' or 'best of Academagia' kind of list? Best of College appears in Y2.

6) Is it now sure if the Familiar Handling Class will be Morvidus only and if it is in year 2?

It's a Morvidus core, but not Morvidus only, I believe is the intent.

Metis;

Ha!

1) :blink:? Are there two mysterious islands? Is the one you find through exploring behind the mountain and no one knows of it until after the storm moves it? Is it invisible? Considering the plot-relevant of that island this seems like a rather important point!

Well, I surely can't comment. :)

3) Mental note: Mood Swings is on the list - Y2 shenanigans ho! Oh, 'scuse me, um, is the same true for NPCs? Because there's a Pheme you can use to inflict random emotional states on students (Emotion, fittingly enough), and I know Strengthen Will is an easily set up targeted spell that has a low enough roll to be able to manage even with +7 difficulty, so...

It's true for the NPCs *right now*. Testing doesn't show the kind of *ahem* emotional intelligence that would enable them to responsibly handle Emotions. We're looking at that problem now. Usually, though, we don't like different rules for the NPCs if we can avoid it.

That's unfortunate. I was hoping to weaponize love by Gossiping/Demeaning up artificial love triangles between Philippe/Joana/victim and/or Cyrus/Olivia/victim and making them "official" through hitting the required pawns with Affection/Love through the Emotion Pheme :rolleyes:. Love triangles, particularly Philippe/Joana/victim, would require some research to determine the best set-up with regards to who is made to love or hate who, after all, but I can make that happen ;).

You mean Prudence? Eh, those could work, though I'd prefer to get my enemies tangled up in very painful, very delicate webs. Of course the really funny/tragic/evil triangles show up when Antonio/Aaran/Miya/Louise get involved, but thankfully none of those are on my list of students to...remove. If they do start annoying me, though, maybe I could create a love square. Lemme just try and make a diagram of that...

Antonio <-> Aaran \

^\ ^ \

\ | \

\ v v

\Miya <-> Louise

I mean, what's the worst that could happen :)? Also as for actual questions that got left on the previous page:

1) Is it still intended to have some kind of spell mastery that improve the more you actual use similar magic and if so at what year will it be introduced?

I do recall that one of the good uses of Mastery was as a teaching aid, Mastering someone until they developed a muscle memory or something, but I can't remember if that was fan speculation or something the Legate confirmed. Incidentally, is that new sig your prayer to one of the Great Old Ones?

hehe, That is what the masters of old would call "hidden in plain sight."

I've left everything prepared for a clever person to decypher it. All that is needed is some sleuthing and web searching skills.

Hahaha!