Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

So I believe that a location adventure triggers the first time you spend a turn at that location, either by choice if you're using a location-free action or because you use an ability that's tied to that location. Does that first turn you spend there, which triggers the adventure, check for CoD?

2) Given that we where told every Professor and Regent we have in year 1 previous was a student at Academagia do we know the college they where in?

3) Will we get the option to do class specific adventures during class time slot in year 2 (without counting as skipping class)?

Metis, Schwarzbart and Free:

So I believe that a location adventure triggers the first time you spend a turn at that location, either by choice if you're using a location-free action or because you use an ability that's tied to that location. Does that first turn you spend there, which triggers the adventure, check for CoD?

I believe so.

2) Given that we where told every Professor and Regent we have in year 1 previous was a student at Academagia do we know the college they where in?
No, and it's not common knowledge...but you can guess where. ;)

3) Will we get the option to do class specific adventures during class time slot in year 2 (without counting as skipping class)?
No, I don't think so.
4, What is the longest known duration for a spell that did not rely on enchanted items for longevity?

That is a good question, I am not sure- I'll ask.

Hmm...unfortunate, but I suppose inevitable. BTW, Legate, your, eh, post kinda exploded at the end there.

EDIT: So, question. The idea behind magically growing food is that you Revise a plant to speed up it's natural growing process (or kickstart it when it's technically out of season or whatever) without casting any magic on the produce itself, so that you're left with whatever the plant produces without that produce vanishing or de-aging when the spell is cancelled, correct?

Edited by Metis

I've activated the Nugen's Alley adventure through exploring before, so I think it'll work. The problem with Schohanwicht, from what I gathered from old posts, is that it was actually tied to two items, the Portal Key and Invitation Letter. You needed both, and the latter was actually set to rapidly decay. So the adventure and background was added in DLC 1.

All;

Thanks! No idea what happened there.

EDIT: So, question. The idea behind magically growing food is that you Revise a plant to speed up it's natural growing process (or kickstart it when it's technically out of season or whatever) without casting any magic on the produce itself, so that you're left with whatever the plant produces without that produce vanishing or de-aging when the spell is cancelled, correct?

Exactly right.

For the School, that had a long chain of attempts, which ultimately culminated in the Background/Adventure combo. There was a problem with the Adventure and Exploration, because of the prerequisite Item.

Blind Witches Alley doesn't have a prerequisite, at least that I remember, so that should work fine.

Oh, and on a somewhat unrelated note, I've been doing some digging into names - purely so that I'll know when to run the other way, of course - and I've noticed that four particular names are consistently prefixed with "Gates Master", whereas one name was specifically noted as belonging to someone who was not a Gates Master. [Redacted], however, is instead prefixed with "The Goddess of Gates". So is that just flattery or a formal title as I suspect Gates Master to be?

2) Can music pay for your trip home and back / or allow for a better & faster passage in year 2 if your good enough?

3) Will the SS Orthography be useful in year 2 without having the rest of the Calligraphy skill?

4) What College have brew as one of their core skills over the 5 years? (So far I know Durand & Vernin have to teach brew over the 5 years at last once and suspect Aranaz also)

5) Will we see a year where 2 ore more college have the same skill as one of the core class? (I.e. would make sense with brew)

6) How easy can we access a private library we set up at our parents home in Mineta during school days in year 2?

Metis;

No comment. :)

Schwarzbart;

2) Can music pay for your trip home and back / or allow for a better & faster passage in year 2 if your good enough?

Not as a mechanic, but there are some Events...

3) Will the SS Orthography be useful in year 2 without having the rest of the Calligraphy skill?

Yes.

4) What College have brew as one of their core skills over the 5 years? (So far I know Durand & Vernin have to teach brew over the 5 years at last once and suspect Aranaz also)

Brew is properly under Vernin, although as you note other Colleges do teach it as well.

5) Will we see a year where 2 ore more college have the same skill as one of the core class? (I.e. would make sense with brew)

Yep.

6) How easy can we access a private library we set up at our parents home in Mineta during school days in year 2?

Right now, 100% easy. I am not sure it even checks for the Illegal stuff. ;)

2) How much would I break things for year 2 if I make a Brew version of my Class mod that spread Brew skills over all class to simulate that it is thought to everyone in year 1?

(2-3 SS of each skill except poison in each class and 7-8 SS total per class)

3) Are people with the Family: Sky Pirates background have a save home at the town their Heritage or lack of say or will they even stay the complete summer time on a pirate ship?

4) How is it possible a family with the Family: Sky Pirates and the History: Famous Campaigners backgrounds have no wealth background? ;) Could it be the parents of the player are dud's or even the black sheep of the family?

Metis;

They are.

Schwarzbart;

2) How much would I break things for year 2 if I make a Brew version of my Class mod that spread Brew skills over all class to simulate that it is thought to everyone in year 1?
(2-3 SS of each skill except poison in each class and 7-8 SS total per class)

I don't think you'd break anything- there would just be a redundancy. :)

3) Are people with the Family: Sky Pirates background have a save home at the town their Heritage or lack of say or will they even stay the complete summer time on a pirate ship?

No, it's a separate home entirely.

4) How is it possible a family with the Family: Sky Pirates and the History: Famous Campaigners backgrounds have no wealth background? ;) Could it be the parents of the player are dud's or even the black sheep of the family?

Although it isn't addressed mechanically, I would think there are a few ways that you could have this combination:

1) You haven't been very successful as privateers in terms of wealth, only famous engagements and battles.

2) Your family were famous campaigners, and have not become privateers

3) They've spent and/or invested all their wealth. :)

1) So Pirate have a fixed home location no mater of the Heritage background? Can you tell us where it is located?

3) Have player character that live not in Mineta a way to set up a private Library in Mineta without it controlled by a Professor, Regent or Legate?

5) Will there be more size level in year 2 or still a ring and violin of the same size?

6) Is a strong enough Spirit Dust also be able to shrink a person? (Would give interesting new aspects for adventures)

7) What kind of magic can Spirit familiar learn to do without a wand?

8) Is there any familiar known to be able to use astrology on their own or is this really human only?

You haven't been very successful as privateers in terms of wealth, only famous engagements and battles

sound like a group that seek the thrill of the battle instead of money and so instead of attack the weak defended merchant ship they attack combat ships.

2) Is it known where magic - as in the energy that allows a string of Phemes to produce a fireball, not the technique of how to do so - comes from? Just looking for context of what, oh, say, a group of...less than wonderful moral standings and mental sanity mages might openly believe to be true without seeming like outright lunatics/Gates mages/Dragon worshippers/worse.

4) How's progress with Greenlight going? The, eh, new content deadline in particular...

Edited by Metis

Although it isn't addressed mechanically, I would think there are a few ways that you could have this combination:

1) You haven't been very successful as privateers in terms of wealth, only famous engagements and battles.

2) Your family were famous campaigners, and have not become privateers

3) They've spent and/or invested all their wealth. :)

Or perhaps:

4: Your family are mean and don't provide their children with money;

5. Your immediate lineal family is not active though aunts, uncles, and grand parents are - so everyone assumes that you must be too;

6. Your family think their child has to prove themselves before being given access to family wealth; or

7. Your family suffered a major cost (say losing a ship or ransoming a captured family member) recently and all their wealth is tied up in recovering.

Endless possibilities...

Schwarzbart & Metis;

1) So Pirate have a fixed home location no mater of the Heritage background? Can you tell us where it is located?

Correct. I'm not sure I can say yet. ;)

2) Is it known where magic - as in the energy that allows a string of Phemes to produce a fireball, not the technique of how to do so - comes from? Just looking for context of what, oh, say, a group of...less than wonderful moral standings and mental sanity mages might openly believe to be true without seeming like outright lunatics/Gates mages/Dragon worshippers/worse.

It's believed that magic emanates from the domain of Ideal Concepts, from which human thought also springs.

3) Have player character that live not in Mineta a way to set up a private Library in Mineta without it controlled by a Professor, Regent or Legate?

You mean, something they can access during the school year? Yes, although it carries certain risks and/or costs a lot of money.

4) How's progress with Greenlight going? The, eh, new content deadline in particular...

First, the artist must complete their work on the video introduction to the Secret Project ™- then, we're going to look at producing a script for the Greenlight campaign.

5) Will there be more size level in year 2 or still a ring and violin of the same size?

I don't think there are more granular Size categories, at least in Y2.

6) Is a strong enough Spirit Dust also be able to shrink a person? (Would give interesting new aspects for adventures)

Hmmmmmmmmm. *Maybe*, but it would also perhaps kill the subject. ;)

7) What kind of magic can Spirit familiar learn to do without a wand?

Almost any kind of magic that the Bonded Mage can cast.

8) Is there any familiar known to be able to use astrology on their own or is this really human only?

Human only, although *mechanically* Familiars can currently do it. That's a bug, though.