Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Have you tried to put the item give out after the reprimand?

If that not work out you can place a investigation first that give the reprimand and then have a follow up exit that have no roll but require the memory that add the item all other exit are removed when the memory is set.

Edit: given that the legate told us that it is better to use 1 more step to the adventure over using a memory you also can use a direct continue to a special sub step of the adventure after hand out the reprimand and have only 1 exit without roll in the sub step where you give the item.

Schwarzbart, given that the laws in Mineta are Imperial Law, they apply to all territories that made up the empire even unto modern day. All of those places you mentioned are a part of Elumia and thus subject to the laws in some way or another, and the only way to revoke them locally would be to formally declare independence and start a nasty war over the right to use Gates and Mastery. Note that if a country did so just about all others would see that rogue nation as a group of rebels that want to control people and summon deadly creatures to do their bidding, and surely that means that they must be stopped...

That being said, Pievre has had talks on the matter of unbanning the magics but it's probably nothing too serious...Yet.

The only places that would have legal Mastery and Gates are places that aren't in that imperial jurisdiction. You'd need to go to oursouk at the closest, and that probably is not the best choice as the locals don't particularly like elumians, and the local wizards are... crazy.

Going further, you'd probably have to go to dragon-controlled country to be safe from people hating those magics, but then you have Dragons trying to enslave you. Fun. :)

Oh, and legate, can you tell us what imperial law has to say about it's jurisdiction in alternate dimensions? Given that the empire was around during the days of Gates usage I am curious as to what might still be on the books, in case such a thing needed to be excersized because of illegal schools being placed in such dimensions. Just hypothetically speaking, of course..

Huh I serious don't know if there is an Heritage: (Auncish; Merilien; Renaglian; Staadan; Storozzan) that have a diverent handling of the forbiden magic then Mineta. The Secret Background you probably aim for is a Family: background.

Given that most of them turn a blind eye on sky-pirate's if they leave their territory alone to get a advance over the neighbours I wondering if some not even do the same for gate and mastery mages.

1) Is Astrology working in other dimensions i.e. to find some way back home without knowing Gate magic?

2) Will we have different pictures for NPC / our player char depending if it is holiday or school in Y2?

3) At what year is it planed that the player can kill a other student i.e. in a duel?

some older unanswered questions we got told that you have to ask the team (I only looked back till 292 and might missed some):

4)Phase Walking of the Turtle adventure is dream related so do it fall under the Glamour Dream mastery of Finus Piaxenza or is it different from the dream magic this Prof. knows?

5)Is it intended that the player keep all the items from the scavenger hunt you do in Student Adventure Vincent Eins?

6) What is the longest sabbatical that a student has taken from their studies at the Academagia and still was allowed to continue and graduate?

6) What is the speed record for a student to have successfully completed their studies?

8) Will some backgrounds have later a effect how good the player is with some magic and if so can you hint what backgrounds? (We know that the more you use a magic the better you get in it and that part of this also can pass to offspring's)

9) Are Scrolls also help you build a library in year 2 or only books?

10) Can you explain how the Steal Merit action works? It's clearly Mastery of some type but apparently untraceable and this is due to bizarre methodology, I suppose? I thought that to do something of this nature, you'd need to cast a spell using some seriously not so good phemes?

11) Who of the 1st year beside Chard got a welcome party?

12) Any news what requirements the year 2 class will have that need more then one skill at a high level? (Had to bring it up once again :P)

13) Are there any livestock kept in Elumia that does not conform to what we in real life would expect now or in the past?

Schwarzbart;

1) Is Astrology working in other dimensions i.e. to find some way back home without knowing Gate magic?

[Redacted] ;)

2) Will we have different pictures for NPC / our player char depending if it is holiday or school in Y2?

No, sadly.

3) At what year is it planed that the player can kill a other student i.e. in a duel?

Y5, possibly earlier.

some older unanswered questions we got told that you have to ask the team (I only looked back till 292 and might missed some):

4)Phase Walking of the Turtle adventure is dream related so do it fall under the Glamour Dream mastery of Finus Piaxenza or is it different from the dream magic this Prof. knows?

Glamour Dream mastery...well, as far as we know, anyway. :)

5)Is it intended that the player keep all the items from the scavenger hunt you do in Student Adventure Vincent Eins?

Unsure.

6) What is the longest sabbatical that a student has taken from their studies at the Academagia and still was allowed to continue and graduate?

Unsure.

6) What is the speed record for a student to have successfully completed their studies?

Still not answered.

8) Will some backgrounds have later a effect how good the player is with some magic and if so can you hint what backgrounds? (We know that the more you use a magic the better you get in it and that part of this also can pass to offspring's)

Based on a discussion, Backgrounds will not have this kind of an effect, they will only unlock some forms of magic.

9) Are Scrolls also help you build a library in year 2 or only books?

No scrolls, but they should. We may have time to make the change.

10) Can you explain how the Steal Merit action works? It's clearly Mastery of some type but apparently untraceable and this is due to bizarre methodology, I suppose? I thought that to do something of this nature, you'd need to cast a spell using some seriously not so good phemes?

Not answered yet.

11) Who of the 1st year beside Chard got a welcome party?

Not sure yet.

12) Any news what requirements the year 2 class will have that need more then one skill at a high level? (Had to bring it up once again :P)

Haha, not released yet. ;)

13) Are there any livestock kept in Elumia that does not conform to what we in real life would expect now or in the past?

Still not sure.

Y5, possibly earlier.

Wait what :blink:. That's got to lead to a game over, right?

And 13 was actually answered before - livestock is very carefully observed and certified so as to conform to ancient standards, meaning that not only will you not find someone making a living off of raising eight-legged goats, you'll not find someone making a living off of selling unusually tall cows.

Wait what :blink:. That's got to lead to a game over, right?

And 13 was actually answered before - livestock is very carefully observed and certified so as to conform to ancient standards, meaning that not only will you not find someone making a living off of raising eight-legged goats, you'll not find someone making a living off of selling unusually tall cows.

Just think about a duel between a Godina and Durand Student. The Godina cast a extra powerful Fireball right at the start to sure get past the expected defences just to realise a second later there where non and the fireball killed the Durand student. Would you kick the Godina student from Academagia because the Durand Student failed in his expected preparations? So its always a matter of what happened that end in the dead of a other Student, if there is evidence or witness that the player was involved in what killed the student and if the player find a good enough explain why (s)he shouldn't kicked from the school (composure anyone?).