Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Does that include the historically important Dragons? It'd say a lot if even Dragons like Morgana, Diavesque and the Herald are no longer acknowledged/revered simply because they...well, not died, as such, but retreated from public view and lesser Dragons dared to take their place. Stryker, considering his, eh, choices I'm going to assume wouldn't be a standard case either which way, to put it nicely.

2) Will we see the player be able to go the darker paths of gain good grades at Academagia like Blackmail other students to do the homework and this things?

3) Do the Enchant/ Artifice pillar have its own spells magic that don't belong to other schools?

4) Will we see more SS for the Enspell skill in year 2? (As Vernin I think Concentration and Phemes are important but Diction don't add much to a magic crafter.)

How readily available is the draconic language? Like, to learn it and stuff. Are there books in the "forbidden section" of the library? Or is there such a stigma against it that not even Academagia has any way for a student to learn the dragon language?

Also, are there any schools like Schonoflabbababbadingdong (can't remember the spelling X{D) with draconic magic? Like a crazy secret society that still reveres them and teaches what little they know of the magic

It does- retreated from public view is essentially the same thing as death, at least for that sort of cult.

3) Wait, what? So in this world one can gain power from people belief in her / him? (I suspect that is what glory is actual!)

4) Is it planed that when the player manage to do many unbelievable tasks that people start to think of him as a saint or even reincarnated of a god? (Very high glory anyone ;) )

@ronikai I have written a new background for a Mastery school where it is planed that you actual can visit it during the summer break to year 3 and you learn Draconic Philosophy there also.

How readily available is the draconic language? Like, to learn it and stuff. Are there books in the "forbidden section" of the library? Or is there such a stigma against it that not even Academagia has any way for a student to learn the dragon language?

Also, are there any schools like Schonoflabbababbadingdong (can't remember the spelling X{D) with draconic magic? Like a crazy secret society that still reveres them and teaches what little they know of the magic

IIRC it's forbidden to study, so not readily available at all. That said the same could be said for Mastery and Gates, which you can find in the Forbidden Section, so...why not Draconic (other than the fact that True Speech a dummied-out skill in Y1)?

Nominally no one would say that such schools exist, like Schohanwicht itself for that matter, but as the Legate mentioned before Draconic Philosophy is the secondary skillset for Mastery, so as Schwarzbart mentioned any proper (and secret!) Mastery school would likely teach that subject...at least a little :).

3) Wait, what? So in this world one can gain power from people belief in her / him? (I suspect that is what glory is actual!)

4) Is it planed that when the player manage to do many unbelievable tasks that people start to think of him as a saint or even reincarnated of a god? (Very high glory anyone ;) )

No, it means that in this world one's Draconic personality cult will be very quickly stamped out and replaced by another Dragon unless you're actually alive and active to deter such naughty acts.

Very unlikely for Y2, but I'll admit that I can get behind the idea of the PC pulling so many unlikely heroic acts that people begin to venerate or even deify him/her. I'd imagine that unless you have a really good relationship with the Imperial Temple, though, that they'll likely act against you if that happens. Sounds like something else I might have to get on top of :).

Obviously it'd be a later years thing, but I personally don't think the Temple would object to a publicly heroic PC being venerated as a saint...if they can exert some manner of control over him/her. Depending on other factors I'd frankly even go so far as to call that one possible way that the PC could go on to be crowned the new Emperor/Empress of the old Empire of Man - by having the backing of the Imperial Temple, who want their (thoroughly pocketed) authority figure back. The real question is how much they're willing to put on the table in return, especially after luring them far enough along so that the Sunk-Cost Fallacy sets in.

Or is there already a patron saint of politics?

Hey, Legate, this is a bit of an odd question, but I've been reading some of the early reviews of Academagia, some of which were stated to have been made pre-release or just after, and I was wondering. Although I've been around here a while, I wasn't here at the absolute beginning, and so I'm pretty sure I have never seen Version 1.0 of the game, (I joined somewhere around DLC 9 and 10)

I assume that playing the game without any DLC selected in the mod screen is similar to, but not quite 1.0, simply because of the overwriting of certain files in the patching process we do every update.

I'm almost cringing, but I am curious as to what the vanilla 1.0 experience was like. Can you tell me exactly how I can get the game in this state? As my Impusle copy dates from around the time I joined and would like to see what the reviewers saw.

(Well, what ELSE can I do while waiting for Y2?)

As far as I know if you don't select an official content mod that's basically the game's 1.0 version, minus any patches you've installed, though if you care you might be able to DL a really outdated patch form the Updates forum. Alternatively you can just read through the list of bugfixes and pretend they're still there. I actually had to play through the 1.0 version until the Cheimare exams while testing Atlessia's AI tables (though...I don't recall if I actually got even that far, it certainly wouldn't have been an ordinary game at any rate). It's definitely a different experience. Simply crazy how many things are missing from the DLC packs.

Hey, Legate, this is a bit of an odd question, but I've been reading some of the early reviews of Academagia, some of which were stated to have been made pre-release or just after, and I was wondering. Although I've been around here a while, I wasn't here at the absolute beginning, and so I'm pretty sure I have never seen Version 1.0 of the game, (I joined somewhere around DLC 9 and 10)

I assume that playing the game without any DLC selected in the mod screen is similar to, but not quite 1.0, simply because of the overwriting of certain files in the patching process we do every update.

I'm almost cringing, but I am curious as to what the vanilla 1.0 experience was like. Can you tell me exactly how I can get the game in this state? As my Impusle copy dates from around the time I joined and would like to see what the reviewers saw.

(Well, what ELSE can I do while waiting for Y2?)

Hmm, I may get a chance to look at my old computer at the end of Feb, it might still have the beta on it... Not sure if I can send it to anyone but I suspect that the team wouldn't mind at this stage (obviously at the time it was confidential). Want me to find out?

Another thing you could do for what it's worth, Free, is read through the Complication events in the mod tools. Some of those depict a noticeably different Academagia than what you're probably used to, so that may be something to sink a few hours into...if you care.

Also, I know this isn't exactly the best topic to ask, but I need a quick reality check - if someone in Mineta gave you the riddle "All mortals can stand on me, yet none can do without me. What am I?" what would your answer be? For reference I'm trying to figure out how much context helps, so I'll provide it first without.

It's also questionably whether Choris really "needs" Cyve, seeing as how with the utter lack of ability to establish contact the latter might as well not exist. The only thing lost would be a few jobs, practically speaking. Especially if that "not really risen into the sky but instead sealed within a pocket dimension-type thing" theory is actually true.

Anyway, no other guesses?

1, Dragon quest 7 has a story about a village where the people were turned to stone, and by the time somebody had developed a cure, the elements had degraded them to where they couldn't turn back anymore. Can you explain how the Academagia setting would handle a situation like this, and particularly how deadly a petrification spell could be if mishandled?

2. While I suppose in wizardry duels, just about anything goes, what are things that are technically allowed but definitely considered bad form while dueling?

3. How cold have the coldest magical freezing spells gotten? Have things like dry ice been discovered by someone being a little too agressive with cold spells?

4. What is the highest recorded temperature of the Grand Forge? Are there any materials with especially high melting points? I ask simply because meteors have been known to fall in setting and they usually have exotic materials in them in real life.

5. What kind of treatments do you need to exact on Dragon meats to extract the poison, and how toxic is the poison?

6. Are there ways to determine the specific types of spells cast by a person (down to the phemes used) even if you don't have access to the object upon which the spell was used?

7. Can you explain a bit why the Astrology skill set is different from the others? I know that it has less phemes, and is more...Esoteric... than the others, so I was hoping that you could explain how the knowledge of those individual skills mesh together if you cast an Astrology spell? How far would somebody who was only interested in practical spellcasting get into Astrology studies before burning out?

8. At what level of skill would a person have to be in order to seek out or intuit a pheme that they did not know, that was in a spell that they did know? And is it possible to intuit what the combinations of certain phemes might do in certain circumstances?

9. While I can see that my choice to focus on the core pillars will make it difficult to suddenly start taking classes like potion making in future years, will I have hard times getting access to the Y2 advanced classes because I didn't take any of the auxiliary college skills like botany for Negation?